Hardware keyboard problem

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
this morning when i turned my laptop on there was a continuous sound like if a key has stuck and when i pressed shift it went to the boot manager and the equals/plus sign key does not work i have uninstalled the drivers and done a system restore but the key still does not work and on turning on or restarting it continually makes this droning sound until i press shift or enter

Sounds like the button is stuck (maybe on the pad underneath).You can strip the keyboard down on that button, and give that keys pad a clean, usually best method is to replace keyboard with one off the bay for about 15 quid.

Does it work okay with an external USB keyboard?

Hi yes my usb key board works ok do you think pulling the =+ button off will do any good . It acts as though the key is stuck down but it isn't as at random intervals it inserts a equals sign into what i am typing . On ebay the keyboard for my medion P6618 is £31-£33

Last edited:
If you're comfortable stripping the keyboard (don't just pull it off, as they have tiny little breakable clips holding it in) then it should have a rubber cup over the pad take the rubber cup off and clean see if it makes any difference? If not it will be the pad underneath which isn't really repairabke

that is the one i found got loads of screws out now may be i should have started from the top

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

trying to get the keyboard out 13screws so far and still cant release the surround

thanks got the scr=ew=w===================s back and keyboar=d out but i couldn't see anyw=ay of r=ep=air=ing it ================as you ca=n se======== =th=e======================================================================================================================================================================================key i=s =st=i=ll= stu========ck==
===========================
========================================

thanks got the scr=ew=w===================s back and keyboar=d out but i couldn't see anyw=ay of r=ep=air=ing it ================as you ca=n se======== =th=e======================================================================================================================================================================================key i=s =st=i=ll= stu========ck==
===========================
========================================

Sorry m8 but thats gotta be the funniest post on here in ages :D

Hi edogg,

have you ever= tr=ied to buy fr=om ebay when you sign in like this

Open notepad... type your eBay username and password... then edit out any erroneous ===='s from your username and password... then copy & paste your username and password to log in...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

thanks never thought of that i used an old lappy instead

this morning after I had ordered a new keyboard from the bay I turned my laptop on and the alcohol I had applied to the key pad has worked the = key now works as it should so any one suffering from sticky keys here is what to do prise the key of the clips move the rubber button so you can see the pad apply some pure alcohol I used surgical spirit and over night it will evaporate any stickiness and the key will then work atleast it did for me

unfortunately this morning the = key was stuck again so I have swapped the new keyboard from ebay hopefully this will finally cure this sticky key and it is not the chip

Back