keep an eye on windows updates!!

Dazza I see you're online now. Did it sort out the problem mate?

I grabbed the file m8, but that's as far as I got! Lol.

Tomorrow, all being well. Thanks though m8.

I grabbed the file m8, but that's as far as I got! Lol.

Tomorrow, all being well. Thanks though m8.

Let me know how you get on. There are other ways to do it so its not a problem.

just got hit with this validation issue, any ideas how to remedy it without a clean install. The windows 7 version i am using is one i got from Meanie (in case that makes a difference).

just got hit with this validation issue, any ideas how to remedy it without a clean install. The windows 7 version i am using is one i got from Meanie (in case that makes a difference).

A would take a look at Cronus post on the previous page mate.

Tried that Hoppy, still getting the same issue. Possibly because my OS is Windows 7 Professional N - there is only an option for Professional ONLY in the solution by Cronos. I'll try again later in case i'm doing something wrong.

Tried that Hoppy, still getting the same issue. Possibly because my OS is Windows 7 Professional N - there is only an option for Professional ONLY in the solution by Cronos. I'll try again later in case i'm doing something wrong.

Correct, SLIC loader will not work with Professional version as it has a different activation method internally as it designed to work in corporate environment together with a private license server which it checks in with on a regular basis.

Why don't you change to ultimate version. I believe you can apply the update without losing any settings.

Correct, SLIC loader will not work with Professional version as it has a different activation method internally as it designed to work in corporate environment together with a private license server which it checks in with on a regular basis.

Why don't you change to ultimate version. I believe you can apply the update without losing any settings.

Thanks Oneman. Will i be able to update my existing copy or will i need a complete re-install, also how will i go about getting a viable serial no. (if i can't re-use the Professional N one that i have). This whole palava is a pain in the rear end :).

From what I understand you should be able to upgrade your existing installation (obviously back it up first) if you use a ultimate CD. I think there is an option when you boot from the DVD to upgrade an existing install.

You won't need a serial, when it comes to the point when it asks for a serial just leave it blank. You will have 30 days to register (or apply the patch). Your serial from Professional N will not work.

Cadman,you should do a google search for InfiniteRearm4

It works on the following OS's:

* Windows 7 Ultimate
* Windows 7 Professional
* Windows 7 Home Premium
* Windows 7 Home Basic
* Windows 7 Starter
* Windows 7 Ultimate E
* Windows 7 Professional E
* Windows 7 Home Premium E
* Windows 7 Home Basic E
* Windows 7 Starter E
* Windows 7 Ultimate N
* Windows 7 Professional N
* Windows 7 Home Premium N
* Windows 7 Home Basic N
* Windows 7 Starter N
* Windows 7 Enterprise
* Windows 7 Enterprise E
* Windows 7 Enterprise N
* Windows Web Server 2008 R2
* Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition
* Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition
* Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition
* Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems
* Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 for high Performance supercomputers
* Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation

I'll give that a shot Cronus. Thanks to everyone for the help - it's very much appreciated so thanks again peeps.

In a lapse moment I installed this update yesterday and got the validation/black screen thingy.

I uninstalled the update, did a system restore and then ran the 'remove wat' utility and I am back to normal now.

On 'Ultimate' btw

:)

Back