Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

keep an eye on windows updates!!

Whats wrong with buying a copy?

Loads of people on this forum purchased it when it was on offer, think it was £35-40, I even bought a student copy off my sisters .edu.uk address, as well as nabbing a couple of MSDN keys from work, but still have 1 machine with a hooky copy.

On the dodgy box I use windows 7 loader extreme edition which auto blocks said hotfix/update.

Last edited:
Shit mines just been detected as not genuine, was using the window7 loader slic.

Gonna have a fiddle now to try fix it.

I've using SLIC loader v1.7.9 and no problems with this update. I've have to say that support from Daz has been incredible. I had problems with W2K8 server on HP hardware, sent him the debug details and he had a working loader within 2 days.

Class, ai i was using one of the original loaders, with not many features. Good stuff indeed.

If i knew Daz id buy him a pint.

Keep an eye on the windows updates today guys as their is one listed important and its to check for validation.
It was originally supposed to go out as an optional low priority update but it looks like MS changed their minds.
A cant remember the update number as i marked it hidden but their is a clear description on the sidebar so keep your eyes peeled..

Caught one today hoppy m8 looking to do KB971033, now hidden, but the machine already had a WGA report on it, which it does from time to time. Not sure why but rebooted and OK. No probs on other machine yet!!!

Caught one today hoppy m8 looking to do KB971033, now hidden, but the machine already had a WGA report on it, which it does from time to time. Not sure why but rebooted and OK. No probs on other machine yet!!!

I would think about going over to Daz SLIC loader if you can. It doesn't mess with WAT or any system files thus my guess is it will be a better long term solution. All updates inc KB971033 (which I think has been around since Feb) have worked without issues.

I would think about going over to Daz SLIC loader if you can. It doesn't mess with WAT or any system files thus my guess is it will be a better long term solution. All updates inc KB971033 (which I think has been around since Feb) have worked without issues.

Not sure I have a problem but it might be good to take a look at it. Any version in particular & do you have a freebie link?

Last edited:
Not sure I have a problem but it might be good to take a look at it. Any version in particular & do you have a freebie link?

Cisk has kindly posted a link to the latest version. However on one system that has caused a problem but an older version 1.7.9 works fine.

Just use RemoveWAT...no problems with any updates after that.

Fixed a laptop last night,used removewat and updated fine.

Piece of piss!

My lads PC just snared by this. I thought I'd already made it genuine with my legit key, but it seems not!

Now' I've got to work out how to make it legit without resorting to a clean install. My brief attempts this afternoon failed. What a PITA. :(

My lads PC just snared by this. I thought I'd already made it genuine with my legit key, but it seems not!

Now' I've got to work out how to make it legit without resorting to a clean install. My brief attempts this afternoon failed. What a PITA. :(

ODIN - The hardware independent activator

Google for this mate and it will sort your problem out.

Back