kaka to man city!

I really don't know about this.

Man City's January's activity has resulted in Bids for Santa Cruz & Craig Bellamy rejected. And now all this money for Kaka!

Somebody's having a laugh! If I ran a club that could shell out that kind of money Santa Cruz & Craig Bellamy would be the last players on my list!

It's a feckin' joke!

LoL exactly what I was thinking. Attempting to make a record transfer for one of the world's top 3 footballers and but also puttin in bids for those players. Wayne Bridge was a stupid transfer also but if it's one area they need improving it's their defense, and i suppose wayne bridge improves the defense in terms of numbers lol

I think Wayne Bridge is a decent signing.Better off sticking to home grown players who will be up for a fight or relegation scrap than some overpaid overseas player like Kaka.

Milan allow Kaka talks

Kaka's spokesman has confirmed that AC Milan have given permission to the player to negotiate with Manchester City.

Milan stated on Thursday for the first time that they were indeed considering City's offer - which was confirmed at €120million (£107million).

Whilst the Italian giants consider their position they have allowed the Kaka camp to open talk over a possible move to Eastlands.

Kaka's spokesman Diogo Kotscho admitted that although a deal was not close - the Rossoneri had given them the green light to open talks.

"Milan has authorised the negotiation with Manchester City," he told Associated Press.

"The next step now is that Kaka's father will eventually talk to Manchester City.

"It's an exaggeration what they are saying in England that it's almost a done deal and it's an exaggeration that Kaka has rejected the offer."

Sky Sports | Football | Transfer Centre | Possible Deal | Milan allow Kaka talks

Bridge is an excellent buy think he is better than Cashley Chelsea would have been better keeping him.Think Bellamy would be a good buy too he has plenty of pace and when playing well he is excellent

200k a week? try 500k lol

"Manchester City have offered AC Milan £100m in cash for Brazilian superstar Kaka, who will earn £500,000 a week gross if he signs for the Premier League side. (Daily Mail, 2301 GMT)"

Thats disgusting money,things are getting out of hand.

supposing he signs what kind of interest would he actually have in playing for the team as it would appear he prefers to remain where he is.
I would also think there will be a Beckham type clause whereby the club will take a portion of any sponsorship he gets to recover some costs.
Would he really want to play in freezing cold wind and rain yeah moneys great but I remember when I was a kid and it was pissing down blowing a hooly there was no fear of me wanting to be up in my eyes in shit and freezing me bollocks off.
Am wondering if he would be hired out to other clubs in our close season.

Man City are making a statement here of were they want to be.

The premier league is one of the biggest commodities in the world and Man City want to be top of the tree the way united have been for the last 2 decades. If KAKA accepts this offer and goes to man city this will also attract other high calibre players which in return will make them a better team and before long they will be so hard to beat and then they will be challenging for big money (The Champions League)

Arsene Wenger came out saying that this is rediculous money and condemned it and so do half the world but the inevitability of it is that if the likes of man city and aston villa improve enough to take two of the top teams out of the top 4 (Champions league places) then it could have a big impact on the future of their clubs (Especially Arsenal after forking money out for a new stadium)

If this deal goes through true enough KAKA will be overpaid but in the long run Man City will get the money back through Merchandise and success.

Also what we have to remember is that chelsea forked out silly money for players like Crespo, Shevchenko, Drogba, Ballack, Mikel, Kalou and the list goes on yet all they have won is 2 premiership trophys and lets be honest you get more money if you reach where they did in the champions league. would i swap all of the above for KAKA and Robinho in midfield??? oohhh now thats a dilemma

All in all what i am trying to say is that the money they are paying for KAKA is more than money for 1 player it is a statement telling the world of football that man city what to challenge to be the best and they want other people to join the revolution.

Sorry for ranting let me know if you agree

Last edited:
he's got the right name to join man city kaka! :roflmao:

Can't wait to watch a £100 mil plus footballer in the coca cola league next season when man city get relegated:banana::banana:

Arsene Wenger came out saying that this is rediculous money and condemned it and so do half the world but the inevitability of it is that if the likes of man city and aston villa improve enough to take two of the top teams out of the top 4 (Champions league places) then it could have a big impact on the future of their clubs (Especially Arsenal after forking money out for a new stadium)

I agree with most of your post about the statement this will make and also the bigger playes all wanting a piece of the action!

But i do not think arsenal should be worried i know its my team and i am bias but i do believe some of the players that are coming through arsenal will be awesome and they are home grown british players with skill, pace, technique and i believe england will benifit.

Jack whiltshire will be englands best player by the time he is 25, Aron Ramsey will be one of the best midfielders in the league and wales best player! that is without simpson, thomas, randell, gibbs, murphy all quality little (british) players!

All wenger needs to do is mix this wonderful youth prospect with quality players and we will be challenging every season which is all i would ask for because when there are teams like man utd, liverpool, chelski... you cannot guarantee anything!

But city are making statements with these signings (if) and its funny that we have two shareholders at arsenal worth 4 billion between them and they do not help a little lol!!!!

Get the shave master and i will be happy but i think that is gone wenger is on the back foot now :(

A part of me would love to see Kaka playing in the premiership, but as i said before the money being discussed is retarded, and no matter how hard Kaka and his representatives say he doesnt do things for money, if he moves to man city it is obviously for money.

Who else finds it funny Mark Hughes thinks he's the main reason for this deal?
I really feel sorry for the guy but when he says stuff like that it makes you raise an eyebrow at his sanity lol =P

man city are on there way to the top, they've got the money to buy anyone.

man city are on there way to the top, they've got the money to buy anyone.

I think they might get kaka but uefa will step in because its getting silly now. They do not want England dominating the champions league and they do not want a prem star winning player of the year!

So clubs will have to spend within there means and that will stop teams like city from spending - its already compulsory in France! and look at there league they have great players scattered about the place but there teams are weak!

And you know ronaldo is the first player from the premiership to ever win world player of the year, which is bullshit and proves that uefa cannot stand English football and our rise to the top of the pile will not be accepted and if there is now 5/6/7 big teams that can pull in players from round the world.

And man city can practically buy anyone and to be honest so can chelski because you think there is a big difference between 15 billion and 9 billion when it comes to 100 million.... its nothing lol... 9000 million, 15000 million

I think abramovich is getting tired of chelski he misses loads of games where he would be at every game in the past and just wont spend any more money... he wipes 140 million a year from there wage bill as a loss.

AC Milan playmaker Kaka has turned down a lucrative move to Manchester City.

"Kaka is staying at Milan," said a club spokesman, after team owner Silvio Berlusconi told Italian television the 26-year-old had opted not to leave.

City issued a statement saying they had ended talks, believing it was unlikely a deal could be struck with Milan.

Executive chairman Garry Cook said: "The discussions reached only a preliminary stage and the player was not involved at any time."

City's bid for Kaka was reportedly worth £100m, more than £50m in excess of the current world transfer fee record Real Madrid paid to Juventus to sign Zinedine Zidane in 2001, and that the Premier League club were willing to pay the Brazilian weekly wages of £500,000.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Man City | Man City move for Kaka collapses

AC Milan playmaker Kaka has turned down a lucrative move to Manchester City.

"Kaka is staying at Milan," said a club spokesman, after team owner Silvio Berlusconi told Italian television the 26-year-old had opted not to leave.

City issued a statement saying they had ended talks, believing it was unlikely a deal could be struck with Milan.

Executive chairman Garry Cook said: "The discussions reached only a preliminary stage and the player was not involved at any time."

City's bid for Kaka was reportedly worth £100m, more than £50m in excess of the current world transfer fee record Real Madrid paid to Juventus to sign Zinedine Zidane in 2001, and that the Premier League club were willing to pay the Brazilian weekly wages of £500,000.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Man City | Man City move for Kaka collapses

Excellent news in my opinion!

Money doesn't talk and I hope this sets a precendence for the other top players Man City have been linked with!

Well done Kaka :Clap:

Didn't take long for influence of Bellamy to take hold

No Kaka deal, Robinho gone AWOL

Heard he turn up at City with his Welsh shirt on with the words written "I Eat Brazilians for breakfast"

Back