Just out of Interest....

Did you copy your services file off your dreambox into csp?
I have now :)

csp02.png

I'm just debating whether to run sbox on XP also (via VMWare) to maybe speed things up, anybody done that and seen speed improvements?

Cheers

EDIT: (resolved - see below)
Does any1 know why (under sessions) the channel names are not shown against the clients. The SID is there but not the name..

Last edited:
Have only ever used sbox once for a server tryed in a 500 and also a 7020 for polsat n3 card 7020 was alot better than 500 when running as server most servers will run alot better on pc set up from what i have seen after using sbox i changed to useing fe on xp set up run alot better had a lot more support works with n3 cards as i have used it but rsa key is needed im sure if only using cam n and boxkey it could be changed to work also alot easer to use once running

Last edited:
Have only ever used sbox once for a server tryed in a 500 and also a 7020 for polsat n3 card 7020 was alot better than 500 when running as server most servers will run alot better on pc set up from what i have seen after using sbox i changed to useing fe on xp set up run alot better had a lot more support works with n3 cards as i have used it but rsa key is needed im sure if only using cam n and boxkey it could be changed to work also alot easer to use once running

Hi
What was the difference (ecm times) between the dreambox and the PC?

& what is fe on XP ??

Cheers

Cant remember the ecm times i was getting as it was a while back cant even set back up and do test again as sub is up and dont think im going to renew it as it was no good when i did this but i do remember it was better when changed from 500 to 7020 then was better when running in fusto, fausto is an emu easy to use and runs on windows im not sure if it will work for the 180 as when i used it i had rsa key and boxkey for polsat card i dont know what your using in your set up so cant say and as i have not tryed it yet on this card dont know

Sbox uses the BK, RSA and CAMID m8..

UPDATE:
The missing channel names are now resolved in CSP (installed 0.9.1) wohoo :)

yes but i was using polsat card and it only needed boxkey and rsa key and was the same when using newcs and also fausto but as i said i dont know what your using in your config if its boxkey + cam_n or rsa key so cant say but have used different set up when doing this and had better results when using pc that i can remember

mmmmmmaybe :)

BTW, how many EMMs (global or other) has anyone seen on N3...

I haven't seen 1 yet :(

1 global with repeat rate from 40 mins to 6 hours variable but not always around

Group addressed ones usually around for 2-3 days in a 2 month period often with a repeat rate several hours apart.

Unique's, non of them around unless you ask for an upgrade/downgrade.

Just an update Eddies is getting all EMMs to the card & tiers updated this weekend:)

Just an update Eddies is getting all EMMs to the card & tiers updated this weekend:)

So what cam&server s/w are you using.?

EDIT:
I see you're using ROM142, that's a little different :)

Last edited:

I see you're using ROM142, that's a little different :)
I've listed all of the software & images above & what their running on.

Havent played with rom180 so cant say but that wouldnt stop me trying

Part of the problem with most of the Softcams out there it thay have been modified (badly) to work with various providers under certain conditions and have thus lost a lot of their generality.

If you start with the source code for just about any Naga/CS capable softcam and strip out the provider specific bits as well as any emulation code then it shouldn't be too difficult to make a fully N3/CS complient softcam which will work for any provider (provided you have the relevent keys of course).

Part of the problem with most of the Softcams out there it thay have been modified (badly) to work with various providers under certain conditions and have thus lost a lot of their generality.

If you start with the source code for just about any Naga/CS capable softcam and strip out the provider specific bits as well as any emulation code then it shouldn't be too difficult to make a fully N3/CS complient softcam which will work for any provider (provided you have the relevent keys of course).

Its a pity we don't have peeps this side of the pond that would be willing to write a softcam like rqcs/rqcamd for UK & Irish users.

& before anybody says spoonfeeding I say "do what you do well". Myself I can't get the fooking "little indians" to play-fare:comp1:, but i've done a lot of testing with my limited abilities & proved that cards can do more than some peeps ever thought:wtf:

UPDATE:

EMMs being recevied :)

Card Entitlement updated to January wohoo

I added the following (in bold) to the cardserverproxy config:

<profile name="Virgin" ca-id="1841" network-id="000000" enabled="true" debug="false">

sbox01.png

sbox02.png

csp03.png

EDIT:
New EMM from client
csp04.png

EMMs are coming in thick and fast now, have 4 now :)

Last edited:
Dont think either of those programs are of much use in the UK. They are really hangovers from the N2 days in US/Spain when people could generate their own pairing keysets and then write them to both stb and card. Obviously its not possible to write a new keyset to the N3 cards at this time so your only alternative now is to actually find the real pairing code within your stb.

I suppose the programs have marginal interests if your trying to work out the pairing algorithm but there's much better ways of sussing that. Some of the softcam sources can be quite revealing.

You really have stayed up to date with the Nagra CAS haven't you m8 :)

As far as the doc goes, I posted that link ages ago when N2 was a rumour (it's dated 2008 :))

My thinking was it might at least get people talking/testing without dumping blatant solutions online...It always seems to be the same few people discussing these topics above a rumour/request level. I'm fairly sure people aren't going to go from little knowledge to N3 CAM_N resolution in one step though.. :proud:

It won't matter after xmas anyways as I'm sure VM will do their best to end the commercial c/s.. :jumpinghappy:

BTW, don't bother with RQCS unless you intend to rewrite it a little, it's slow and doesn't work too well with VM cards...

Back