Just out of Interest....

Generally speaking, its the traders that come up with the solutions (or pay for them)

id say they pay for them ;)

Dont make the mistake of thinking there is any "public" innovation in this hobby because its pretty much non-existant.

not so much public innovation but maybe some genuine intrest from a few
there are some in the public domain that actually try to do what others say cant be done, and not for money either

Thanks - I gathered it would involve a fair bit more work than just removal of the BGA !! I am intrigued though that if they are dumpable in some way that the 2110 info was never made public/leaked as im sure loads of people would have loved the info just to get BK's a while back!! I appreciate that it probably involves more skills than the hobbyist could reasonably manage but talk of getting rsa keys from 2110's and even Cisco hd boxes is good to hear - even if it is probably beyond my capabilities!!!

well here's a few pictures off the cisco box if you want to have a look. and also like cg above i have posted plenty off fixes on nagra1 for people and tryed to help people understand it. and im also not like mr sporty, campag, boxy, hackmax and a few others but i like to play and learn but we all get sick off people saying /demanding we/us should post for them so they can watch free tv.
29len9x.jpg
[/IMG]
24wubkp.jpg
[/IMG]
25qdjld.jpg
[/IMG]
2a79yl2.jpg
[/IMG]
ml5gn4.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
15n6gbt.jpg
[/IMG]
2poock9.jpg
[/IMG]
2lwrb4h.jpg
[/IMG]

I am intrigued though that if they are dumpable in some way that the 2110 info was never made public/leaked as im sure loads of people would have loved the info just to get BK's a while back!!

Yes, its technically difficult but the real downer is that its also very expensive for the gear to allow you to do it. Your probably looking at the best part of £5k to equip yourself with the correct tools for the job.

Bearing that in mind, making the method public would be pointless. The kind of people who would purchase such equiptment undoubtably already know how to use it !

....should their N3 card run at 3v3@5mhz or have people confirmed long time use at 5v..?

hmm, good question !

The cards run perfectly well at 3.58Mhz/5v but seem to get quite warm running at 5Mhz/5v. Time to get the multimeter out and check voltages on a subbed box I guess !

Somehow I knew that was going to be the answer :)

Oh well, it's easier to check that than rip the flash...

(Only problem is, I'll have to put it back on :doh:)

BTW, if anyone needs an oscam.servid file, just let me know as I've made one for VM..
(so your logs/webif report the correct channel name)

:)

Last edited:
very interesting thread. i love reading about this technical stuff even though most of it is beyond me :)

very interesting thread. i love reading about this technical stuff even though most of it is beyond me :)

pal its really not that hard all the info is out there

all you gotta do is read read and read somemore of course access to the right equipment is a must for certain boxes

but there is boxes which have jtag and the required info can be got there

im using rqcs and sbox running 2 servers which work flawlessly even better than my sky one

+---------+---------------+------------+------------+---------+-----+--------+------------------------------------------------+
| Username| Host | Connected | Idle time | ECM | EMM | Version| Last used share |
+---------+---------------+------------+------------+---------+-----+--------+------------------------------------------------+
|cable |00.00.00.00 |00d 00:20:55|00d 00:00:05|125 (125)|0 (0)|2.1.1 |virgin media - Discovery Science [n3rom180] (ok)|

can get any decent pick up for you guys on this useless pc:grab:

im using rqcs and sbox running 2 servers which work flawlessly even better than my sky one

That's mainly because the nagra system allows more time in between control words (DCWs) (around 9750ms) so you can overcome network and/or card traffic issues more than with sly and as long as the softcam timeout (on client machines) is correctly set to 9 or 10 seconds, the softcam wont panic (causing a freeze) should the DCWs not be returned within 2 or 3 seconds...

If the DCW is set to expire before it actually does on the client softcam, the server and/or proxy, you will reduce the number of people that can share each card so it's always a good idea to set it up properly :)

That's mainly because the nagra system allows more time in between control words (DCWs) (around 9750ms)

Not all the Nagra suppliers give you that time. Quite a few operators seem to of played around with things and dont actually change the DCW's until quite late in the cycle, often leaving only a couple of seconds to get a response.

Would be quite interesting to see what, if anything, VM do in this area !

Not all the Nagra suppliers give you that time. Quite a few operators seem to of played around with things and dont actually change the DCW's until quite late in the cycle, often leaving only a couple of seconds to get a response.

Would be quite interesting to see what, if anything, VM do in this area !

Indeed, the use of the term N3 isn't really applicable as many operators are running a bespoke version of a similar platform and some examination of satellite services have revealed some interesting nuances :)

As was the case with the previous CAS, we know their are ways to stamp out (or at the very least initially impede) exploits, but VM have shown little interest in employing such measures..

I'm wondering if they'll maintain that status quo should c/s become more prevalent..

I suppose the same could be said for other systems, but only time will tell, which is possibly the only interesting thing about an otherwise dull exploit..

Last edited:
im glad more people have achieved this too thought i was very alone for a while there lmao

just a shame theres more channels available on a sat card than cable :Clap::Clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back