Just out of Interest....

CG121

Inactive User
Reaction score
How many people are sharing a ROM180 UK N3 card at this time?

(this is not a thread about being possible, because it is and if anyone doubts it, I'll send them a temp C Line..)

I'm just interested as now we've moved away from all the spoon feeding and I can finally delete all the OPOS source :) I'm generally interested in knowing how many people have actually made the effort and done it..

CG121

How many people are sharing a ROM180 UK N3 card at this time?

plenty of people using KV and SV;)

(this is not a thread about being possible, because it is and if anyone doubts it, I'll send them a temp C Line..)

I'm just interested as now we've moved away from all the spoon feeding and I can finally delete all the OPOS source :) I'm generally interested in knowing how many people have actually made the effort and done it..

CG121

if ur on about setting up a server for a local share then i ain't seen many people claiming that. I read about a few people who got the necessary box info from a bloke in poland (now arrested) but doing it all themselves i ain't seen anyone claiming that.....:thumbdown:

maybe cause the people who do have the know-how don't want to or don't need to share the necessary info. :cool: ;)

cheers

well i have mine done. works sweet in a dreambox500c
only think i will say is the ecm times seem to be around the 800 mark but can jump from 800 to 4000.

i would say anyone who plans on running a server on nagr3 rom180 then don't go above 15 max are the ecm times will jump 2500-4000 then your clients will get break up.

this only accounts for a dreambox as server.

not if you want to run a server on it's own then you be better using a program that will cache the ecms for you so it better if say you have 15 clients and they where all watching the rangers and celtic match (rangers won again) then the program would handle it no problem.

there's a few cams that can be used to read the card. seems most using rom142/180 are using rqcs and CCcam. (only one problem with that if someone smart enough they can use the same c line a few times:proud:)
on one more thing don't know if any one noticed but if using rqcs and CCcam they it does have a trend of going off and restarting.

if ur on about setting up a server for a local share then i ain't seen many people claiming that. I read about a few people who got the necessary box info from a bloke in poland (now arrested) but doing it all themselves i ain't seen anyone claiming that.....

as for him in poland getting people the details he never found them for anyone using rom142/180 as he didn't know how. all he done was compare two dumps. so all he give you was the boxkey/ird as the rsa keys are the same in all boxes (rom180 ) that use that method.

but im sure there is a few people that have it done. but are keeping it private
ie not pay servers so u don't here much about it on forums (the way it should be).

well i have mine done. works sweet in a dreambox500c
only think i will say is the ecm times seem to be around the 800 mark but can jump from 800 to 4000.
Time to get a new box M8 i've never seen more than 320 thru the card & 180 cache hit. Also on the global side of things
Statistics:
Client Connections: 49 ECM Queue Length: 24 Global Cache Efficiency: 53%
Global Response Time Avg.: 1636ms ECM Cache Size: 57
Global Max. Response Time: 4880ms Actual Card Requests: 23

i would say anyone who plans on running a server on nagr3 rom180 then don't go above 15 max are the ecm times will jump 2500-4000 then your clients will get break up.
I've seen this quoted before beginning to think some peeps are trying to muddie the waters.

not if you want to run a server on it's own then you be better using a program that will cache the ecms for you so it better if say you have 15 clients and they where all watching the rangers and celtic match (rangers won again) then the program would handle it no problem.
Cardserverproxy its not a National Secret M8 & you needed help setting that up.

there's a few cams that can be used to read the card. seems most using rom142/180 are using rqcs and CCcam. (only one problem with that if someone smart enough they can use the same c line a few times:proud:)
on one more thing don't know if any one noticed but if using rqcs and CCcam they it does have a trend of going off and restarting.
Well you need to edit your config if thats happening, & you can use mgcamd & rqcamd to work with rqcs.

I'm using Sbox as the server atm...

As I have no local feed, I'm using 1 TRUSTED client running mgcamd to my Sbox server to enable EMM updates.

I'm then using CCcam F Lines on my server to feed remote clients running CCcam.

This way I'm not risking mates (mainly their kids) re-sharing..

I think this is better than running an N line in my server CCcam and all clients connected via F Lines as I think EMM updates are affected with that config..

@despdan:
can u post ur server setup (s/w etc) cheers

Last edited:
despdan; I've seen this quoted before beginning to think some peeps are trying to muddie the waters. [/QUOTE said:
seen this quoted as it breaking up with more than 15 clients?????
well only going by what people have told me.
Cardserverproxy its not a National Secret M8 & you needed help setting that up.
i knew what it was just couldn't be arsed typeing the name
and yes did get help setting it up never said i didn't.????

also as for ecm times your card is a rom 142 where mine is 180 and u needed help to get your keys.
small world isn't it.
some times we all need a bit off help.

Well you need to edit your config if thats happening, & you can use mgcamd & rqcamd to work with rqcs.

Time to get a new box M8 i've never seen more than 320 thru the card & 180 cache hit. Also on the global side of things
Statistics:
Client Connections: 49 ECM Queue Length: 24 Global Cache Efficiency: 53%
Global Response Time Avg.: 1636ms ECM Cache Size: 57
Global Max. Response Time: 4880ms Actual Card Requests: 23

as you can see mine is diff but then and im running mine on a real dreambox (non clone) also tryed on clone makes no diff on the times 800+ only one person i know says they got below that and that's your m8. but again he on a rom 142.

Statistics:
Client Connections: 1 ECM Queue Length: 0 Global Cache Efficiency: 0%
Global Response Time Avg.: 820ms ECM Cache Size: 4
Global Max. Response Time: 820ms Actual Card Requests: 1

oh took your advice looked at config again got the times down

Statistics:
Global Response Time Avg.: 497ms ECM Cache Size: 3
Global Max. Response Time: 497ms Actual Card Requests: 1

looks a bit better so thanks

Last edited:
.....As I have no local feed, I'm using 1 TRUSTED client running mgcamd to my Sbox server to enable EMM updates.

Interesting you've got Emm's to work !

Most softcams seems to be having problems with ROM180 Emm's for some reason or another. You can often get the global ones easy enough (not that their are too many of them) but addressed ones seem to be a problem. I suspect it may be because a lot of the Cams are still trying to decrypt & emulate Emm's using the old N2 code and they dont like the super-encryption hiding stuff like the provider Id.

@despdan:
can u post ur server setup (s/w etc) cheers

Sure i've helped 3 peeps get their cards working:

1:Dreambox 600 latest Gemini image rqcs as card reader & use either cccam mgcamd or rqcamd.

2:Dreambox 500 Pli image rqcs & cccam

3:pC Ubuntu OS rqcs.x86 pheonix card readers mgcamd on clients

i knew what it was just couldn't be arsed typeing the name
and yes did get help setting it up never said i didn't.????

also as for ecm times your card is a rom 142 where mine is 180 and u needed help to get your keys.
Never needed help getting keys but still need to sort out the "Little Indians"

small world isn't it.
some times we all need a bit off help.
Exactly you dont have to spoonfeed peeps but help or a good shove in the right direction is far better than having a go at peeps or leading them in the wrong direction, for me its help or say nothing.

only one person i know says they got below that and that's your m8. but again he on a rom 142.

Statistics:
Global Response Time Avg.: 497ms ECM Cache Size: 3
Global Max. Response Time: 497ms Actual Card Requests: 1
looks a bit better so thanks
I think you need to have another look at your setup there's defo something amiss

Sure i've helped 3 peeps get their cards working:

and ive also helped three people get there cards working all in dm 500c useing rqcs and CCcam.

1:Dreambox 600 latest Gemini image rqcs as card reader & use either cccam mgcamd or rqcamd.

2:Dreambox 500 Pli image rqcs & cccam

3:pC Ubuntu OS rqcs.x86 pheonix card readers mgcamd on clients

Never needed help getting keys but still need to sort out the "Little Indians"

oh didn't know you found the keys did you not get your cam_n from a certain member on this forum.???
Exactly you dont have to spoonfeed peeps but help or a good shove in the right direction is far better than having a go at peeps or leading them in the wrong direction, for me its help or say nothing.
i posted what i thought was true (but since you running 49+ clients on your server) by what one off the so called three people you helped told me.? about the max 15 and it starts to break up.
I think you need to have another look at your setup there's defo something amiss

again your's is a rom 142 so times could be diff again going by one off the three people there times around the same on rom180

but again thanks for making me look at the config. as u have guessed im not to sure on (csp are linux server) set up that's why someone helped.

Last edited:
Interesting you've got Emm's to work !

Most softcams seems to be having problems with ROM180 Emm's for some reason or another. You can often get the global ones easy enough (not that their are too many of them) but addressed ones seem to be a problem. I suspect it may be because a lot of the Cams are still trying to decrypt & emulate Emm's using the old N2 code and they dont like the super-encryption hiding stuff like the provider Id.
Dont for get Eddie has emm's working on rom142

and ive also helped three people get there cards working all in dm 500c useing rqcs and CCcam.
Like i said before try another cam.

oh didn't know you found the keys did you not get your cam_n from a certain member on this forum.???
X-Files couldn't tell the diff from bits or bytes

i posted what i thought was true (but since you running 49+ clients on your server) by what one off the so called three people you helped told me.? about the max 15 and it starts to break up.
I dont have a server myself just helped others out, like getting this stuff working the challange:) & 49 is running on Ubuntu PC

:respect:

Dont for get Eddie has emm's working on rom142

Its somewhat different with the Stream in Ireland as they dont use the super-encryption scheme. If you look at your raw Emm's in the streamdata you can plainly see things like provider Id etc. The UK Rom180 raw Emm's dont give you that so a lot of softcams (that are badly coded) think that each and every Emm is from a different provider !!!

To a lesser extent they also have problems with ECM data but luckily most cams give you a way to over-ride the provider Id.

Also i'm also not fully sure the Emm's are actually working correctly on Rom142's, at least on rqcamd The logs i've seen show that global Emm's (those addressed to address 00 00 00 00) seem to be getting through whilst Emm's addressed to particular cards are missing. Its pretty difficult to tell tbh, as the addressed Emm's only tend to be present very infrequently (couple of days out of every 2 months with repeat rates 4-5 hours apart).

Also i'm also not fully sure the Emm's are actually working correctly on Rom142's, at least on rqcamd The logs i've seen show that global Emm's (those addressed to address 00 00 00 00) seem to be getting through whilst Emm's addressed to particular cards are missing. Its pretty difficult to tell tbh, as the addressed Emm's only tend to be present very infrequently (couple of days out of every 2 months with repeat rates 4-5 hours apart).
Yes was talking to Eddie & he tells me that he's only getting EMM-G, but he was defo getting EMM-S & i think 1-2 EMM-U when i last looked at his rqcs & rqcamd web info. But he had already put the card in the subbed box & updated tiers before we got mgcamd & rqcamd working so we prob wont be able to know for sure untill his next update

Looking at this after your posts, again as the card has rights until mid Nov :( we won't really know until then (boo)

Here's some screenshots of an mgcamd (DM500C) + sbox (DM500S) test setup..
(both units are on my mates lan atm as i'm testing this with his feed..)

EMMs are still at 0 after some 500 ECMs (but it's early days as the machine up time is nowt & I forgot to take a screenshot before I unplugged the server in order to take it round here lol)

osdshot.png

osdshot2.png

EDIT:
I have since installed CSP0.9.0RC5 on my XP machine to act as a proxy between the server/clients..

Regardless of what settings are used, the ECM times from the ROM180 in a clone DM500S is around 360ms and CSP is reporting a 25 user capacity...

I should point out the ECM route:

DM500C > CSP > DM500S > CSP > DM500C (or DM500C <> CSP <> DM500S :))

Last edited:
csp01.png

Any1 spot anything amiss with that ^

Cheers

Are your ECM times channel dependent?
If you mean, do the vary depending on the channel being viewed...Not really..

Last edited:
If you mean, do the vary depending on the channel being viewed...Not really..

As in.. sky sports vs crappy itv2 channel.
They still stay under .500ms? Even on the "higher teer" channels?

Any1 spot anything amiss with that ^
Did you copy your services file off your dreambox into csp?

@demonx
As in.. sky sports vs crappy itv2 channel.
They still stay under .500ms? Even on the "higher teer" channels?
They can go lower or higher on any channel at any time, but i've noticed that happens more on the premium channels

Last edited:
Back