just got attacked by trojan but have ip address

hi all
obviously im covered from attacks..anyone with internet should be..but what do u do when it gives out there adress?.. contact them or there internet provider?why do they do this to peeps,its crazy...anyone with any sense.would not have any personal information on there pc ...apart from web addy..
cheers lozzy

lozzy said:
hi all
obviously im covered from attacks..anyone with internet should be..but what do u do when it gives out there adress?.. contact them or there internet provider?why do they do this to peeps,its crazy...anyone with any sense.would not have any personal information on there pc ...apart from web addy..
cheers lozzy

Can't contact them directly, just their ISP....which in most cases will do shit about someone scanning for vulnerable systems. And u would be amazed what people keep on their PCs at home :)

Why they do it......
Most of them are the guys we refer to as script kiddies. Some kids that got a nice little port scanner, or got hold of some remote access software like Sub7, BackOrifice and stuff like that and just wanna mess around with it and to show off a little bit how cool they are, scanning other people's computer :)

Im pretty new to getting virus's and i keep getting attacked by trojan downloader, how can i even find out there ip address?

Each firewall usually keeps logfiles on intrusion attempts, or connections made to local/remote computers. Just have a look at those logs and it should show you what ip address attacked your computer at what time and on what port.

Hi all
Ive been internet user now for over 7 yrs..my pc now mainly consists off, programs to stop hackers for this..firewalls for that..pop up stoppers,,mail intrusion,spam for christ sake it take age to load up my pc...and im broadband user..what i would like to know is when are our isp going to take responsibility for all this crap..after all its there service im using??and taking my money monthly..ive been actually been thinking of ditching the broadband and just get lowest quote for internet..if we all done that im sure internet providers have to sit up and think..then karma u wont have to date a blind girl lol..
fuming lozzy

lok i
get norttons personel fire wall it gives out isp adresses..but you get no joy from them ba...lozzy

Easy lozzy hehehehe :)

Only thing you need to pay attention to regarding this port scans and trojans is that you keep your firewall and AV to the latest level. Technically there is not much that can be done by the ISP to rule out port scans and stuff, most of the "countermeasures" would affect you as a "normal" enduser as well.

thanks

Sorted the whole getting attacked by trojans out now but what a crap life they must have scanning through all the computer just to cause people to get annoyed they all need to get lives. Thanks lozzy ill look at nortans fire walls

Back