just a few questions -liteon/extactor/ iXtreme

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well after all the messing about i decided to buy an extractor, i just have a couple of questions on it if i may?

I have installed PortIO32, and also purchased a via6421 card that i have simply installed in the pc, i haven't installed any drivers and it's reporting as this below, is this correct....

viacard.jpg

in jf it says

There is no soft method for stock Lite-On PLDS DSG-16D2S Drives. However, Lite-On drives currently modded with iXtreme 1.5+ can be dumped using S-ATA only.

Do i have to use the probe if the drive already has 1.5 on it? or is it best to use the probe any way and get all the drive info.

if i follow the tut on JF it says at the end of page 7 go to page 13 i take it this is for drives that already have 1.5 on them, and under neath it's a walk through of a stock liteon?

and one last thing if i can, does jungle flasher do all the bizz for you? like i have the firmware in I:\XBOX360 FLASHING\JungleFlasher v0.1.59 Beta\firmware ix16-liteon.bin is this what it picks up when you go to write etc.

i thought when you read a drive that it would then inject it's info(key) and that into the bin file, unless i'm reading wrong is this correct, so no need to worry as jf does it all for you?

Cheers.

i also have a pci network card and that was giving me problems so i've re-arranged the cards and now it's showing as

viacard1.jpg

is you box already on 1.5

if so just eject the tray half way (i found using the emergency eject to open the tray half way whoile powered off works well) then it will be seen in JF

if its stock you will need the probe to pull the nessary enquiry information iirc

ok just got the liteon and it's stock so i'm going to follow the instructions and give it a go.

Does my card look like it's installed ok? as 1st is was a scsi and now it's a raid controller...

nice one man, so i think i'm all set to go. i have downloaded ix16-liteon.bin, an that's in I:\XBOX360 FLASHING\JungleFlasher v0.1.59 Beta\firmware, so now i just follow tut and JF will do all the bizz? i'm just trying to get my head around it reading the drive and patching the firmware....i take it JF does all this behind the scenes?

ffs if you take any longer there will be a new fw out and you back at the start
get the fook on with it :)

lololol..... well i'm going to try tonight, think it was a bad idea since i opened a few stellas last night and didn't want to wandering over the board with the probe and that, still all new to me JF, so tonight shall be the night! lolol...i think...

hi English,

yeah well bottled it, lol, got it all plugged in and that last night and switched it on - opened JF up and looked at a few screens and it seemed as though it has picked it up.

But with me messing about with the rs232 cables with some urm modmes (know what i mean) i'm confused as i'm not sure too read the key if i need the usb lead in or the rs232 cable to a com port...(i'm mixing up ambit's with liteons) or when i use the probe that it will read via the sata connection? but then i keep thinking well how can it......

i been on youtube and some clips show the usb connected as well...so any way, a few stella's later i decided to leave it until tonight..lololol

04062009017.jpg

you need the usb lead in mate to get the key you dont need the serial cable in if your using jf, it will take 2 minutes from the pic above mate and your done, just read the tut why your doing it thats what i do everytime you cant do anything wrong then

Last edited:
great thanks for that, i thought I'd have to have either serial or usb in for extraction.....

in my JF folder under "firmware" i have the liteon.bin file, so just so i get my head around it, i read my key, JF then automatically picks up the liteon.bin file that is in the JF firmware folder, patches it with the details from my drive and then writes this back to the drive all automaticly......

seems to easy...

It would be, if thats what it done.

You read key, it prompts for auto load.

After auto load, you manually switch to erase, erase, re-intro.

Write.

yeah sorry that's what i kind of meant, apart from you having to click read and write etc, but i am right in thinking that it patches your info to the dummy.bin ready for flashing back to the drive, quite clever init

yeah sorry that's what i kind of meant, apart from you having to click read and write etc, but i am right in thinking that it patches your info to the dummy.bin ready for flashing back to the drive, quite clever init

unlike fooking you lol

you STILL not done it?

ive had 3 sleeps since you started this ffs

:Cheers:

i was waiting for you to drop buy and give me shizz...jesus, done one sammy and you think your teh king! lololol....how ever that one sammy was for a king i thank you! :banana:

i shall be doing it the night, with out the beer! just been trying to get me head around it that's all....you know i'm pro!

how way man, you just made me burst out laughing and now all the staff are asking me what I'm laughing at! *back to work bitches* just told them! lololol.....

Back