just a few questions -liteon/extactor/ iXtreme

hi mate OK turns out that the new 1.6 isn't named correctly so you have to click no to that message then load the target firmware and then spoof it, then go to save and save your new .bin file that has been spoofed then carry on with jf mtk flash! bloody name of the new file is all it is...

yeah you only use the probe to get the orginal keys and that from the box after that it's all then flashed via your sata card

wot should be the name ? can u rename it first in the filmware folder ?

about the probe again lol . do u still use to get all three bins or only the one dummy bin ?

i wouldn't rename it, i'd just manualy spoof the firmware an then save it, use the probe to read all 4 files and save them in a folder some where....

rename liteon-1.6-repack.bin to liteon1.6.bin i think it is either way just delete the repack part and put it in the jf/firmware folder also when you try to autoload the f/w it tells you what the filename should be if you have any probs mate.
you only use the probe on virgin liteon's so it dumps everything save that and any flashing after that is done soley with the sata mate

cheers all , just dont understand wot the dummy.bin is and wots it does .. was there always four files then ?

Last edited:
The next tab is DVDKey 32. This tab is used to extract info from Lite‐On - the undumpable drive. All unique information is extracted: DVD key, unique inquiry and identify strings and drive serial information. This info is stored in one easy to use file, ”Dummy.bin”. This is a 256kb file that mimics the approximate structure of a BenQ firmware file and is automatically loaded to the source sub‐tab in the FirmwareTool 32 Tab.

The next tab is DVDKey 32. This tab is used to extract info from Lite‐On - the undumpable drive. All unique information is extracted: DVD key, unique inquiry and identify strings and drive serial information. This info is stored in one easy to use file, ”Dummy.bin”. This is a 256kb file that mimics the approximate structure of a BenQ firmware file and is automatically loaded to the source sub‐tab in the FirmwareTool 32 Tab.

so if l click dummy thats the only file l need the to flash ? thats wot it looks like reading to tut am l wrong then as always lol

You dont flash dummy, JFwont allow dummy as target.

Dummy is crap data, bar, the Drive specific stuff.

If you get a proper, good dummy with 0x1ff00 data present, thats all you need to update in future.

**Seems I misread, yes, dummy is all you need prior to flashing.

If you mean clicking "dummy only" in JF, all dummy is, is:

key / inquiry / identify / 0x1ff00 data in a "fake" firmware structure.

Last edited:
You dont flash dummy, JFwont allow dummy as target.

Dummy is crap data, bar, the Drive specific stuff.

If you get a proper, good dummy with 0x1ff00 data present, thats all you need to update in future.

**Seems I misread, yes, dummy is all you need prior to flashing.

yea l meant that m8 .. and why your here is this the right way to wire in a rs232 to a power cable please

No, you want the Powwer to tap into +3.3vcc (pn 6) and ground to any ground (pin 11)

IMAGE_017.jpg

Red is VCC
Black is GND (hard to see)

Yellow / White are my Tx/Rx

sorry lm a pratt l wrote it the wrong way around thats how l have it m8 .. thanks m8 .. when l get one to do l know lm half way there now .. cheers oggy

way r these wired to your xbox power then m8 ? Yellow / White are my Tx/Rx

Last edited:
and for the benefit of the tape 1.6 didn't work on this liteon with the new wave 3 games, I've had to stick 1.5 on it to get it working with UFC for example......

way r these wired to your xbox power then m8 ? Yellow / White are my Tx/Rx

Where, or why?

They are in the spare sockeets, if you look the the right hand side of the power plug in my image, you can see them.

All I have to do (using this) is bridge the R707 points, then run dvdkey.

and for the benefit of the tape 1.6 didn't work on this liteon with the new wave 3 games, I've had to stick 1.5 on it to get it working with UFC for example......

1.5 wont play Wave3, 1.51 will.

LiteOns dont seem to work first boot after flashing with 1.6, could it have been that?

sorry my bad, yeah 1.51 that's what i used.... dunno tried a few times with 1.6 like.....

Did you power cycle the 360 after first test, or just insert disc over and over?

put a few old backups in....(which worked), then just tried ufc for a few times, but yes correct, didn't power it down again and then retry

Im just trying to build a picture of whats going on, thanks.

LiteOns dont seem to work first boot after flashing with 1.6, could it have been that?

got me a couple of times that one :) was it that Dibbers? cant see how u got the key right but it 'wont work' ..

put a few old backups in....(which worked), then just tried ufc for a few times, but yes correct, didn't power it down again and then retry

didnt it work after a reset?

possible the game isnt properly stealthed, 1.6 wont run a game unless theyre properly stealthed, try doing a fresh disc after running it thru ABGX 1.01, unless your strictly offline I would put 1.6 back on there.

na the games sound, it plays on me sammy with 1.6 on it...sounds to me like i got caught out by not knowing about liteons doing that..... but plopping COD in and that working but not the new UFC did cabbage me head a little. never even thought about a restart and trying it again....

Back