jtag help please

matt1980

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all i have been doing my first reset glich hack and have got to programing my cmod. I have got iXilinx ISE Design Suite 13.3 mpact running but can not seem to get it to find my cmod this is the error i get

Welcome to iMPACT
iMPACT Version: 13.3
Project: C:\Xilinx\13.3\ISE_DS\\auto_project.ipf created.
// *** BATCH CMD : setMode -bs
Enumerating cables. Please wait.
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
Source driver files not found.
The Platform Cable USB is not detected. Please connect a cable.If a cable is connected, please disconnect
and reconnect to the usb port, follow the instructions in the 'Found New Hardware Wizard', then retry
the Cable Setup operation.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time = 2 sec.
INFO:iMPACT - Digilent Plugin: no JTAG device was found.
// *** BATCH CMD : setCable -target "xilinx_parallel PORT=LPT1 FREQUENCY=2500000"
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1).
Checking cable driver.
Driver windrvr6.sys version = 10.2.1.0. WinDriver v10.21 Jungo (c) 1997 - 2010 Build Date: Aug 31 2010 X86 32bit SYS 14:35:41, version = 1021.
LPT base address = 0378h.
ECP base address = FFFFFFFFh.
Cable connection established.
Attempting to identify devices in the boundary-scan chain configuration...
INFO:iMPACT - Current time: 11/6/2011 4:50:20 PM
// *** BATCH CMD : Identify -inferir
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Identifying chain contents...done.
ERROR:iMPACT - A problem may exist in the hardware configuration. Check that the cable, scan chain, and power connections are intact, that the specified scan chain configuration matches the actual hardware, and that the power supply is adequate and delivering the correct voltage.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time = 0 sec.
// *** BATCH CMD : identifyMPM

dose any one know were i am going rong thanks

You would probably be better posting this on xbox-scene.com or xboxhacker.com or if you are using a coolrunner going to team-xecutors website, they have all the more technically gifted guys there. who would be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

It seems you're device is very unstable with Lpt and needs the Usb lead to program .

Last edited:
What are you using to program the cpld?

hi i am useing GliGli's schematic to build a LPT JTAG Programmer thanks

That error is the common, your programmer isn't working properly error.

You get that if things short, aren't connected and a whole plethora of reasons.

Mine would work now and then but sometimes not be detected our fail verification.

I just went usb/xsvf instead, so much simpler.

Any pics of your programmer?

this is the error i get when i click on initialize chain in impact
ERROR:iMPACT - A problem may exist in the hardware configuration. Check that the cable, scan chain, and power connections are intact, that the specified scan chain configuration matches the actual hardware, and that the power supply is adequate and delivering the correct voltage.
have been doing some reading and have come across some think about 5v on the port any one shed some light on this

You can try 5v this works for some but don't blame me if you fry it but if you bring it from a usb port you should be safe but like I said these are unstable on lpt , you will be better off going the usb route.

Last edited:
ye but were do i put the 5v on the programmer thanks what pin also would you think making my wires shorter thery are about 10" at the mo so am thinking go down to about 5"

Last edited:
The shorter the better but the power i have no idea because i have not got a gg-glitched box yet, still sitting fence till the boot problems are ironed out. Also check you're lpt settings in bios it maybe worth changing to Compatibility Mode for better results my homemade blackcat does not detect anything unless it is set to Compatibility Mode or SPP.

thanks oggy have got one of them made up and working now can see my coolrunner. have programed my jed file to it but when i read it back its not called falcon jed just bypass is this normal or shoud it be showing falcon jed thanks

Cant recall

Re-read it back and hex comapre against the .jed

hi got it allworking now boot up in to xell. have got my second chip to day for my boys xbox from ebay and its a bit different have found a pic from a another site but am looking and wood you say i have to run a wire between the two orang points that have f on them thanks
coolrunner.jpg

No, bridge R2for phats.... one point is shared with the slim jump wire if you look closely

The pin on the edge (F) - Pin 5 is for pulling 1.8v

Back