Best Way To Attach Drive To Lap Top........ Help

CoolHandLuke

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there ! Can someone point me in the right direction please, I have a laptop with no sata port and I am trying to connect a OLD fat liteon drive to it with a usb to sata cable, trying is the word because it wont connect in jungle flasher.

I guess the problem is the usb to sata lead was a cheap thing I bought years ago, and I can not find the driver disk that came with it.

Before I buy a new one, is it possible someone can verify a make or model of one they have bought and it works with the 360 drives.

I have read that lots of them do not work off ebay and I do not want to waste money .

Thank you for any input and help please.

CoolHandLuke

PS Trying my first flash as ixtreme 1.6 is not playing most games anymore fingers crossed I do not f---k it up.

hiya, gota agree with dave usbpro or usbpro v2 will do the job with no hassle,

The USB to sata would come in useful if you have a spare drive with the open CFW 0800 for rips, so keep it, you never know if you want to rip.....other than that then what has been suggested for flashing.

I think the usbpro v2 turns any drive into a ripping drive , then again i maybe wrong.(sure i read it somewhere)
The USB to sata would come in useful if you have a spare drive with the open CFW 0800 for rips, so keep it, you never know if you want to rip.....other than that then what has been suggested for flashing.

Thought i had and you don`t even need the 0800 firmware.
think ive read that aswell dave, wasnt that the hidden special feature they announce when it was released ?

says here use any stock 360 drive and use it to rip originals

Oh... Do you not need the 0800 with one of those usb devices.... How's that work then bud...

Sent from my GT-I9100

The usb pro v2 is a combined unit between the ck3 devices as well as usb pro with the bonus of being able to rip using stock firmware from any 360 drive.

@Coolhand Luke, how many times do you intend to connect the drive to the laptop?

Last edited:
  • Convert any stock 360 DVD into an 0800 ripping drive without modifying the firmware
  • 100% Compatible with XBC (latest version required)
  • Even works with Hitachi 0500! (Liteon DG-16D5S 1175 Support Coming Soon)
  • Supports all formats inc XGD3
  • No CFW required! Works with any stock 360 DVD Drive
  • Supports the maximum possible speed that the drive can handle
  • We recommend all rips are run through ABGX to get the perfect median AP2.5 Profile.

Great find mate......

Thank you lads Xecuter usbpro v2 £45 a bit stiff but look's a piece of good kit.

cheers for the heads up..............

As of March 2012, success was achieved in giving the X360USB PRO v2 a truly awesome feature. You are now able to connect any stock 360 DVD Drive to your computer using the X360USB PRO v2 via USB and it will instantly give it a drive letter in Windows! No custom firmware required, no 0800 firmware required, ANY stock 360 Drive can be used to read and give total support for XGD3 with the data throughput supporting the maximum possible bus speed using ANY stock 360 DVD Drive model (That’s all Phat and all Slim models – including the Hitachi 0500 !).

It has been suggested by another manufacturer that using USB3 gives faster disc access speeds, but obviously this is nonsense as USB2 supports up to 22x, and the 360 DVD Drive peaks at around 12x – so you will have the maximum possible speed that the system can handle available to you at all times.

This has never before been achieved and we feel it gives the X360USB PRO v2 the honour of truly being the most powerful tool ever created for the 360 Repair professional.

Whether you are a beginner or advanced user, this multi-use Mass Storage controller and Automated Power Adapter is an essential addition to any toolkit.

DATA FEATURES
Connect any SATA device to any PC or laptop via USB
Compatible with All Phat 360 DVD Drives Hitachi, Samsung, Benq & Liteon
Compatible with All Slim 360 DVD Drives Liteon & Hitachi
Compatible with Xbox 360 Hard Drives (Phat & Slim)
Repair your Xbox 360 DVD Drive within minutes – no more weeks of waiting!
Easy Drive Key Extraction & Updating
Full access to your Xbox 360 Hard Drive
Convert any WD Hard Drive to be 360 Compatible using X360USB PRO HDD Hacker tool in Windows!
No SATA Port Required
Fully compatible with Jungle Flasher
No More Driver / OS / SATA / Compatibility Problems
Fully Upgradeable On-Board Firmware
Supports Mass Storage Mode As Default
Dual-Mode PORTIO & WINAPI
Enhanced WINAPI speed for tools such as Xbox Backup Creator
Power, Status & Activity LED’s

POWER FEATURES
100% Compatible with all 360 DVD Drive models both Phat and Slim.
100% Compatible with all flashing tools inc Jungle Flasher
JungleFlasher-Controlled Power ON/OFF/CYCLE
Manually-Controlled Power ON/OFF/CYCLE
JungleFlasher-Controlled Eject Open/Close/Half Tray
Manually-Controlled Eject Open/Close/Half Tray
JungleFlasher-Controlled ModeB
Manually-Controlled ModeB
Molex replaced with SATA Power Connector – Prevents connecting power cable incorrectly
Molex to SATA convertor included if you don’t have a Sata PSU
Self-Resetting PPTC Fuses for added current protection
Extra power filters for a cleaner, safer design
Extra USB AUX Power cable if PC USB port doesn’t output a true 5v
Auto/Manual Mode LED’s
Power On/Off LED
ModeB On/Off LED

EXTRA FEATURES
Convert any stock 360 DVD into an 0800 drive without modifying the firmware
Even works with Hitachi 0500! (Liteon DG-16D5S 1175 Support Coming Soon)
Supports all formats inc XGD3
No CFW required! Works with any 360 DVD Drive
Supports the maximum possible speed that the drive can handle

OTHER INFO
Custom-Designed Case
Trusted Xecuter Design
Proven Track Record of High Quality
Superior After-Sales Support – Forums with 220,000+ Users

Packaging Includes:
•X360USB PRO V2
•SATA Cable
•USB Cable
•DVD Power Link Cable
•SATA POWER to MOLEX Adapter

*CK3 Probe 3 is required for Liteon DG-16D2S key extraction, Sputnik360 Unlock Probe or Sputnik360 Unlock Switch is needed for Liteon DG-16D4S key extraction

Note: 12v MOLEX/SATA PSU is required for all drive functions. A 5v USB power source is not adequate.

Cheers got on in the post :mad:)

Last edited:
will you let us know how you get on with the ripping mate.

Back