jtag and port help

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
Since upgrading my computers motherboard i have not needed to use jtag but i do now, the problem is with the circuit i got with the jtag leads its a 25 pin port which i dont have on the motherboard.

I tried buying a 25 pin to usb adaptor but that failed and could not get a connection through ocd or bke2.2.

Is anyone else jtaging any other way that doesnt have a 25 pin connction.

thanks

what about a serial to parallel port.... don't know personally just a thought

Probably find that you have a 25 pin connector on your motherboard jammoboss. Would be best to try and find a bracket mate.

Chookey

if you get stuck and you dont mine sending i'll sort it for you and return m8
i know you would rather sort it yourself but the offer is there

if you get stuck and you dont mine sending i'll sort it for you and return m8
i know you would rather sort it yourself but the offer is there

thanks for the offer mate, i dont jtag oftern so i completely forgot when i upgraded my motherboard 6 months ago.

chookey thanks for the reply but the lead i got is the 25 pin.

would this work?

Uxsight: PCI RS232 9 Pin Serial Port 25 Pin Printer Parallel Port Card : Serial Cards

p.s

I know this should be in the pc section but my machine sometimes wont boot up, it turns on but my monitor gets no signal so i have to out it and try again until i hear the beep. Could it be a hard drive problem?
thanks

Last edited:
thanks for the offer mate, i dont jtag oftern so i completely forgot when i upgraded my motherboard 6 months ago.
np m80

I know this should be in the pc section but my machine sometimes wont boot up, it turns on but my monitor gets no signal so i have to out it and try again until i hear the beep. Could it be a hard drive problem?
thanks
i got one the same but that is the monitor not working pc is fine your might be different tho

chookey thanks for the reply but the lead i got is the 25 pin.

would this work?

Uxsight: PCI RS232 9 Pin Serial Port 25 Pin Printer Parallel Port Card : Serial Cards

p.s

thanks
Yes mate and cheaper than the one I posted. By the way, my link was for the db25. Probably just show db9 for illustration purposes.

Chookey

Watch out !!!! You have to make sure that the card supports legacy adderssing, i.e. the // port can be set to I/O address 378. Most if not all new cards only support memory addressing i.e. FCD0 etc. They will NOT work with any of out Jtagging software.
A quick search through Moschips site suggests the 9835 chipset doesn't allow remapping in XP/NT/200/Vista

hi again all

well ive lent a mates old laptop with the 25 pin connection and im trying to use bke 2.2 but when i run mac_mot.sys in the backround im not able to get the readings im getting "Target communication error: unable to put target into backround".

I have tried and tried and cant even get ocd to install on this laptop.

whats this error mean?

its sorted now :)

Last edited:
Try it with the JTAG connected directly in the back of the laptop. that will eliminate a wrong printer port cable....

Back