jtag 2100 help please

bozzy123

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys hope somebody can help

av got sam 2100 trying to jtag using bke2 and sdt.

problem is am get "target communications error: unable to put target in background".

i did get this box to connect yesterday but had wrong bytes as its on v3.6.
now have those and cannot get it to connect at all.

have checked all jtag points, mac mot is running, believe i am in debug mode, but unsure,

if press up+down arrow and boot till ld14 then my final screen is "SND"

if boot and press down at ld20 til ld40 appears i get final screen "AP:52"

DONT NO WHERE IM GOIN WRONG BUT AM READY TO BURN IT AND PC LOL

HOPE YOU CAN HELP

thanks for the reply have spent 12 hours over last new days searching through the forums and didnt really find anything relevant, there are plenty of jtag things bit nobody seems to report sucess of each thing so link dies. hence me re entering this subject.

thanks for the reply have spent 12 hours over last new days searching through the forums and didnt really find anything relevant, there are plenty of jtag things bit nobody seems to report sucess of each thing so link dies. hence me re entering this subject.

I am fully aware mate of the frustrations you are having... I have been there lots of time. Welcome mate and hopefully your post will get some assistance soon

So you have tried this again

Power up box. Press down for 5 seconds

When you see PD 20.after another 5 seconds let go of down key

Box should go into debug mode

Last edited:
Is the power light going Green? (It should be)

If not wait till it does then try it. Its just a case of rebooting the box and connecting the Jtag. It will work eventually.

i have had bother with stubborn 2100's it may be worth a try tagging the box when it has booted up fully i.e when the box is on a station.

Back