DVB - PC Cards Jokercam

ramtech

Inactive User
Reaction score
Still can not get my tt1501c with ci to see my zeta blue..

I have got hold of the joker firmware and managed to flash cam with my cam3 and i have edited my bk made a fun4 card about 100 times...

everytime i put it in to ci slot any dvb software i use just dosent even see it..
or no cam modul installed...

i have tryed downloading it from here but it is curroupt..

can someone post a working copy of the joker079.bin image..

i just can not see where im going wrong..

cheers..

tbh, it sounds like you may have a dodgy cam interface and/or cam. It shouldn't be that difficult.

It should just be a matter of making sure the cam interface is properly connected to the dvb board and then sticking the cam into the slot. The supplied software should then recognise the cam.

The cam interface itself is a fairly simple device. its basically just an electronic switch which routes the streamdata through the cam module rather than straight into the dvb-c board. There's not really a lot to go wrong with them but the pcmcia driver pins are quite fragile and can be blown if there is a problem with the actual cam.

Its also relatively easy to damage the actual physical pcmcia connector pins. Bend or break one of these pins and the cam will no longer function.

Its important that you try this with the software that came with the card. That includes drivers (not "updated" ones from the net - use the actual ones on the CD). Third party software doesn't necessarily have support for every type of hardware cam modules.

Last edited:
Thinking about it logically, it's got to be your CI Slot in your TT1501C - if you've been able to flash the CAM in the CAS, it's not the CAM...

I got the image of the web not from here it comes up with currupted.

if i disconnect the ci card dvbviewer tells me there is no ci card..

but if i connnect it and ad the cam the cam slot button is greyed out..

i dont think its the cam as i seem to able to programme it ok and i can access it in cas studio in the common interface moduel and edit bk...

My theater checks the cam as it boots but just says there is no cam in slot 1...

is there anywhere i can get a new cable from (the 1 that connects the ci card to the tt1501( i think its a 50pin2x25...

cheers

I had same issue - 1501 with ci card - couldnt see cams - pathetic performance when connected to ci card - answer - remove ci card - works perfectly - got it workingish in tvserver - say ish coz still got pesky AU issue (fenrir writes keys for 5401 but yankse asks for keys for 5501) and aint actually got remote tv side working yet - works perfectly on local system tho

you can get a new cable from dvbshop.net - cost about 4 euro's - but by the time you add on postage will probably cost about £30 and 3 weeks of your life

well story as of tonight...

went to maplins and got a 50pin scsi cable and cut down to size(only do the 1mt 1)

i now have access to my ci slot...:Clap: but the cam did not work so reflashed it again i can now see the cam in the software :Clap:(tt media center and dvbviewer) but every time i put the fun4 card in i get blue screened:CRYBABY:

so i think i feel a wipe comming on....

Back