Jailbreak Thread

Update on the modtraders website stated that "if a Teensy++ board had been ordered from them, they were upgrading the order to the new Minimus AVR USB Development Board instead"

Stock due in on the 15th Sep, but update this morning saying there is a huge demand for them.

I wonder if one of those serial to USB adapters could be moddified. :err:

I've got this...Welcome to Prolific

It has a PL2303 chipset and a 12Mhz xtal, I wonder if the existing firmware could be deleted and PSgroove installed.

When I plug it into my PS3 it detects it as an unknown USB device, with the correct firmware in there it would work, I'm sure of it.

I got mine for a tenner last year from Maplins. I think I'll pop over to one of the PSX sites and ask the gurus.

lol

they arent reprogrammable, so no it wont work.

they arent reprogrammable, so no it wont work.

Weird that as I have eeprom programming software for it. :err:

The only problem is that some of them are OTPROM and can't be rewritten.

Last edited:
Weird that as I have eeprom programming software for it. :err:

The only problem is that some of them are OTPROM and can't be rewritten.

the onboard eeprom doesnt control its function. just its device ID, VID, descriptor etc. (and not in a way like ps3 jailbreak, just device = 123)

so you cant make it do anything other than just be a serial convertor.

I can assure you, I know what im talking about. :)

Last edited:
the onboard eeprom doesnt control its function. just its device ID, VID, descriptor etc. and even if it did, you also you would need to completely port the code.

oh well, that's that idea shelved then. :)

right in terms of acquiring games is it just the ps3 titles that say jailbreak that can be played? i.e are they in some way patched or any ps3 game capable? just on certain sites some say jailbreak and others dont?

AFAIK the games must have been created using the Backup Manager on a PS3, these are usually tagged PSJailbreak. All other images which are raw rips of the BDVD will not work. So yes, AFAIK you are correct.

out of interest would raw rips work when running them on a blueray disk? as opposed to hard disk?

guys using the opendesire hack for htc desire

installed and got the 2 folders showing under GAME, i then inserted USB stock and installed backup manager v1.0

i installed the following games, all my originals (motorstorm, fifa 10, uncharted 2), once they all copied to my internal drive, i then inserted the disc ratatuille (ps3 game), went back into backup manager and in backup manager could see 4 games inc rataoutille

i selected uncharted 2, the screen went back to the ps3 home screen, but instead of the game showing as uncharted 2, it still showed as ratatouille.

infact all 3 games i select from backup manager not showing up as the disc game when it restarts.

any ideas

guys using the opendesire hack for htc desire

installed and got the 2 folders showing under GAME, i then inserted USB stock and installed backup manager v1.0

i installed the following games, all my originals (motorstorm, fifa 10, uncharted 2), once they all copied to my internal drive, i then inserted the disc ratatuille (ps3 game), went back into backup manager and in backup manager could see 4 games inc rataoutille

i selected uncharted 2, the screen went back to the ps3 home screen, but instead of the game showing as uncharted 2, it still showed as ratatouille.

infact all 3 games i select from backup manager not showing up as the disc game when it restarts.

any ideas

what files are you using mate you need the bdmv file to play the backups

FYI - for anyone using an AT90USB162 like the one that Bad_Ad is making, you can get a flash to make the LED's work here:

hxxp://psx-scene.com/forums/showpost.php?p=514934&postcount=3481

with the Minimus AVR USB Development Board do you have to use the hex in the link above to make any led's work or will it just work with the normal hex given on the at90usb162 hex ?

with the Minimus AVR USB Development Board do you have to use the hex in the link above to make any led's work or will it just work with the normal hex given on the at90usb162 hex ?

No idea, will need to see what design they used and which pins the leds are on.

No doubt someone will post a hex for it (like someone did for mine... i had no part in that) if it needs a different one.

Back