Sensible Topic Ive been scammed but hopefully I'll get the last laugh

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So the story goes...

Bought something from someone on Gumtree (although I thought I did) and I paid via bank transfer (yes I know I shouldn't have done it without meeting the person but I had faith and it was only £41) so messages were going back and fourth asking for my address etc and all seemed well.

After not receiving the goods the next day I emailed the chap and got nothing - radio silence. After 2 or 3 emails I decided to look the person up on Facebook. The bank details which were given were his girlfriends - nice chap huh?! And not only that but he was silly enough to give me her full name - what a pro!!

So now I have her Facebook name I have his full name because its linked and I have her work details - uh oh this chap aint gonna get any nookie for a while.... I phoned my bank explaining the situation and they said they can raise a payment in error claim which might or might not get my money back so we shall see.

I've given them multiple chances but Im yet to ring the company she works for as I don't want to get her in trouble just yet hopefully they return my money. Just shows though you just don't realise how much info is out there.

And if anyone lives near Loom Street, Manchester you might know these people :)

So the story goes...

Bought something from someone on Gumtree (although I thought I did) and I paid via bank transfer (yes I know I shouldn't have done it without meeting the person but I had faith and it was only £41) so messages were going back and fourth asking for my address etc and all seemed well.

After not receiving the goods the next day I emailed the chap and got nothing - radio silence. After 2 or 3 emails I decided to look the person up on Facebook. The bank details which were given were his girlfriends - nice chap huh?! And not only that but he was silly enough to give me her full name - what a pro!!

So now I have her Facebook name I have his full name because its linked and I have her work details - uh oh this chap aint gonna get any nookie for a while.... I phoned my bank explaining the situation and they said they can raise a payment in error claim which might or might not get my money back so we shall see.

I've given them multiple chances but Im yet to ring the company she works for as I don't want to get her in trouble just yet hopefully they return my money. Just shows though you just don't realise how much info is out there.

And if anyone lives near Loom Street, Manchester you might know these people :)

Can you pm me any details m8 loom street is a back street no houses are there although there maybe apartments. I could perhaps post some shite in there letterbox for you. ;)

Can you pm me any details m8 loom street is a back street no houses are there although there maybe apartments. I could perhaps post some shite in there letterbox for you. ;)

Lol thanks mate, and the address was the area the person works not where they live. Don't go randomly posting shite haha even if it is in the reds territory :)

Funnily enough I think Ive put the shitters up them myself, I emailed the persons work address this morning and they claim they don't know nothing about it but will speak to the chap later to ask him whats going on....

To say you posted something on the 11th next day delivery and then on the 12th say the delivery note is at home emailing back straight away. And then on 13th no contact is a bit suspicious - I could be wrong. But Im betting they thought I wouldn't do my inspector clouseau impression and track them down :)

Will keep you updated

Lol thanks mate, and the address was the area the person works not where they live. Don't go randomly posting shite haha even if it is in the reds territory :)

Funnily enough I think Ive put the shitters up them myself, I emailed the persons work address this morning and they claim they don't know nothing about it but will speak to the chap later to ask him whats going on....

To say you posted something on the 11th next day delivery and then on the 12th say the delivery note is at home emailing back straight away. And then on 13th no contact is a bit suspicious - I could be wrong. But Im betting they thought I wouldn't do my inspector clouseau impression and track them down :)

Will keep you updated
You keep me informed m8 I am on the case nobody fooks with a good DW member on my watch fella. I would love to round the boys up and pay this guy a visit though. : gun :

To be fair to the chap - I think once his misses gets hold of him there wont be a great deal left to do with.... That's unless she's in on it.

To be fair to the chap - I think once his misses gets hold of him there wont be a great deal left to do with.... That's unless she's in on it.

It will get sorted one way or another m8. Time to get the ginger tash out and do some snooping me thinks.
sherlock.gif~c200

elementary my dear watson

PM sent shabba, with some very interesting information for you. Apparently where they work are potential scammers as well by the looks of it. ;)

Last edited:
if you have an address and bank account details, as well as email proof then you should call the police, there cracking down on fraud apparently..

if you have an address and bank account details, as well as email proof then you should call the police, there cracking down on fraud apparently..

Yeah mate I have all 3 and I almost contacted the police, but Im hoping this guy was a chancer and the fact that he's been caught and hopefully I get my money back he'll learn his lesson.

I wouldn't want to ruin potentially 2 peoples lives over a silly mistake. I know I should be harder but still...

Then they will move on to the next unsuspecting person who will suffer.

Potentially, or they will realise that it was a stupid idea and appreciate the fact they didn't get into some deep brown stuff. I totally agree with what your saying 100% I guess its just the way I am always thinking good of people (nice guy award nominee) :)

Moral of the story is: Never buy something that looks a bargain. Especially on the internet.

Been done twice myself. Never again....I hope

Back