iTunes - Syncing with more than one device

MysteryMan99

Inactive User
Reaction score
My wife has an iPhone and an iPod - I have the lucky job of using iTunes to look after the content.

Can you have different Sync settings for the different devices? For instance, I do not want any music on the iPhone (not enough memory!), but, do want it on the iPod.

My wife has an iPhone and an iPod - I have the lucky job of using iTunes to look after the content.

Can you have different Sync settings for the different devices? For instance, I do not want any music on the iPhone (not enough memory!), but, do want it on the iPod.

You can choose to sync what you want. This vid will show what I mean.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

You can choose to sync what you want. This vid will show what I mean.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Sounds good, but, unable to view yet as it says I've not posted enough. Must need time to catch up as this will be 7th post and should only need 5!!

I'll try again tomorrow

Sounds good, but, unable to view yet as it says I've not posted enough. Must need time to catch up as this will be 7th post and should only need 5!!

I'll try again tomorrow

My youtube vids are not public but you should be able view it tomorrow.

just be careful your not gonna post clock though

you're asking the same questions on three difrent threads..

you choose what to synch on each device.

be cafefull what you sync though.

itunes likes to remove stuff not bought through itunes store..

They are 2 different questions!

One is asking about syncing multiple devices - this thread - and has been answered now

The other is about getting iTunes to refresh artwork/track information edited in an external program

OK, in future, should I ask 2 questions in the same thread? I was just worried the answers would get mixed up/lost!

in future.

have a think about what you want to ask and use the search function.

if your still in the dark, try formulating your related questions into a well constructed thread/post rather than starting random threads on the same subject...

clear enough?

I have thousands of tracks on my itunes. None of them where bought through itunes.
I have never had one removed.

I have thousands of tracks on my itunes. None of them where bought through itunes.
I have never had one removed.

i have audiobooks on my device, when sycning it deletes the books unless i opt out of syncing media files

i have audiobooks on my device, when sycning it deletes the books unless i opt out of syncing media files

I personally don't use audiobooks but it's definitely worth knowing. Cheers

Back