Is the Spiderbox a clone of the MVision HD300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More pic's uploaded due to limit of 5 on my previous post. Also the link to the M-Vision patched firmware can be found here.

Regards

Liam

it even has the same barcoded mac address sticker, which was one of the things that caught my eye when i took my spiderbox apart

i can see this thread turning into one big slanging match lol

Very intresting .. great bit of investigative work...

whats the chances of you hooking it up to hyperterminal m8

Apologies for that, if I get time tomorrow I will try to link it to Hyperterminal and save the readouts.

Regards

Liam

isn't the mvision cheaper ? so if there basicly the same i'd be better going for the mvision as i would still have support for the box as i could use the spider firmware..

isn't the mvision cheaper ? so if there basicly the same i'd be better going for the mvision as i would still have support for the box as i could use the spider firmware..

Yep ive found the mvision for £164.99!

i seen the 300 combo net for £169 free delivery haha.. was about to pay 160 for a spiderbox 7000hd... think i'll be getting this mvision now. great find guys

Please note even though I have shown that this can be done quite easily, I do not recommend you do it yourself. I have over 20 years experience in this field and if it wasn't for that experience I would not have tried it. The only difference between the M-Vision and the Spiderbox is the "gift" package. If your not bothered about that but still want to use the receiver on a card sharing basis then buy the M-Vision and use the software which is specifically written for it. It will do everything the Spiderbox does and the firmware support is very good. Spider team could potentially release a version of firmware that could destroy the bootloader on a non Spiderbox unit.

Regards

Liam

Spider team could potentially release a version of firmware that could destroy the bootloader on a non Spiderbox unit.

this is basicly what i was saying, when i was telling a wall, in the TM800 thread

ANY body can create an image / firmware that can destroy a bootloader on any receiver

the price difference is down to the lack of the 'gift'

receivers are granted access by MAC address which generates a unique user passcode, the Mvision 'team?' are not happy as their receivers are not allowed to access the servers that the spiderboxes can, even though theyre the same

if thats why theres a price difference, and no other reason, then i guess its true, money talks

the price difference is down to the lack of the 'gift'

receivers are granted access by MAC address which generates a unique user passcode, the Mvision 'team?' are not happy as their receivers are not allowed to access the servers that the spiderboxes can, even though theyre the same

if thats why theres a price difference, and no other reason, then i guess its true, money talks

is it possible to change mac address to on Mvision to a known mac address on spiderbox to avail of the gift, like you can on dreambox??

The firmware for both machines is very similar so my guess is that its currently written by the same team but has a slightly different layout/font. The Spiderbox has the same Menu's and Options as the M Vision and everything the Spiderbox does the M Vision can do, have a look here and download the software for the M Vision HD 300Net/Combo and read through the notes. One of the draws for me about the M Vision is the fact it has a HD Terrestrial tuner built into it, and for the price its cheaper than the Spiderbox.

Regards

Liam

Last edited:
yeahh looks really good value... is it easy to get a hold of channel lists ( bouquets ) for these boxes.. want the channels for astra in sly uk order but cant see much about channel list files.. looks like would need to manually sort or use the spiderbox channel editor software. just would be alot easier if there was pre-edited files kicking about

One of the draws for me about the M Vision is the fact it has a HD Terrestrial tuner built into it, and for the price its cheaper than the Spiderbox.

Regards

Liam

it has a DVB-T2 tuner m8?? are you sure about that??

i can feel a post coming, its about tuner prices, im sure ive seen this before, oh god, no, its happening all over again

the pixies

arghhhhhhhhhh

High Definition Digital Combo ( SAT + DTT ) Receiver

1x HDMI 1080i connection
1x Card Reader
2x CI ( Common Interface Slot )
1x RS-232
2x SCART
4x RCA
1x Component Video Output ( YPbPr )
2x Digital Audio Outputs ( 1 Coax, 1 Optical )
1x Loop Out ( Signal DTT )
2x USB ports, with the following possibilities:
- Recording on external hard drive or memory stick
- Upgrade software ( 20 sec. Approx. )
- Playback audio and JPEG files
- Time shifting
- Ability to record one channel and watch another at the same frequency
1x High-speed Ethernet port

all the info on the mvision hd 300 combo net

@ Scottishrebel, you can download the channel editor software for the M-Vision from there website here.

@ Digidude, according to Maplins and a seller on eBay it has an HD Terrestrial tuner.

Regards

Liam

well didnt dark motor copy the Powertech DG-280
stop making out that u invented everything and others try to copy you

if you made the first satellite reciever and the first dish and the first motor then yes they are all copying
but as you didnt all you are doing is improving it and other ppl are doing the same improving it
so bobi back off will u

DarkMortor Metal GEAR

22nd October 2007, ( some is doing advertise naw what he done 3 years agou ) ha ha ha

No could not be ....i am sory you should not know about this think ...reading some time in google that not mean you know whats going om business ..lol

if you see when Superior darkmotor Come was before Powertech...280 Powertech is Plastik Gear....and Superior is metal Gear...

And for your Info...Powertech OEM from TW....and the Boss of Powertech is a Inginer of same manufature I produse is my Best Freind...Me and HIM have Create new Technologies and we did not copy no one.Darkmotor is .....not from Powertch but from T MOTION when i am part of sharehold Manufacture ......and Darkmotor was n1 Metal Gear....and sell in UK ...and Powertech TW DAVID...My freind sell in Midle east and some part of EU....This is part of Our deal nothink to do with you.

That mean is Not COPY...A lsat actaully me have been there and put the idea of METAL GEEAR....and Powerteck come many month after not with DG28 ( plastik ) but with DG 380...

haw i says some one try to copy as and that is more then evidente...BUT for your Info i will do their job more dificult soon with NEW Motor not only METAL GEAR but even somethink plus......soon i will gave you one FREE for TEST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back