Is the problem Virgin Media broadband?

Magic94

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I am having a problem when conecting to websites, started about a week ago when I get the site start page which I think is stored on my computer everything seems ok but when I click a link on the page nothing happens a second click brings up a message [website ???? is not reponding ] - there is another tab that say [recover webpage] clicking this sometimes gets the link others it takes me back to the start page. I can see the lights on my router and the ready light is permenantly on but the send receive lights only flash when it is recovering the webpage.

Does anyone know if the fault is my computer or with the Virgin broadband, they have supposidly increased it to 20 mb but when I tested it I was getting 12.71 mb.

Thanks

Magic94

Hi,

I personally I would shut down modem/router/hub whatever you have for at least 5 mins so that it fully resets, run a cleaner on your pc something like crap cleaner.

Hi Thanks for the suggestions.

I ran CCleaner and did a full scan with VM antivirus program the VM found nothing so I presume CCleaner helped because this afternoon everything is working find - the router seems to be flashing more on the send and receive lights

Thanks

Magic94 I used to have VM,s security package on my pooter and it gave me nothing but grief. It was a cheap and cheerful anti-virus package that didn't fully clean my pooter. If it's VM's free anti-virus package that could be your problem as well after all VM don't really give you anything for nothing do they?.

Magic94 I used to have VM,s security package on my pooter and it gave me nothing but grief. It was a cheap and cheerful anti-virus package that didn't fully clean my pooter. If it's VM's free anti-virus package that could be your problem as well after all VM don't really give you anything for nothing do they?.

Hi Miggy
Your right they give you nothing when they incresed the b/band speed from 2mb to 10 mb they incresed the cost even though at that time I did not need they speed increase, they provide tivo boxes (I don't have one ) but I think they charge for those and I guess that the b/band will increase in price now the speed has so called been doubled to 20mb although I tested it the other day and I was getting 12.76mb.

I ran CCleaner I think it was that that solved the problem it's ok now

Thanks

Hi Miggy
Your right they give you nothing when they incresed the b/band speed from 2mb to 10 mb they incresed the cost even though at that time I did not need they speed increase, they provide tivo boxes (I don't have one ) but I think they charge for those and I guess that the b/band will increase in price now the speed has so called been doubled to 20mb although I tested it the other day and I was getting 12.76mb.

I ran CCleaner I think it was that that solved the problem it's ok now

Thanks
Good man sounds like you have solved the problem. I personally would turn your VM antivirus off and put a good one on if it happens again. Unfortunately mate once VM have you in there grasp all special offers disappear. They soften new customers up for 12 months then bam they have you. I pay 90.00 a month mate for a V+ box a hd box, movie channels, sports channels, broadband 20 meg, and my phone line.Don't let me put you off though mate I would be lost if I just had freeview. ;)

Last edited:
Back