Is the DNS trick to get on PSN still working?

Im using Keamu CFW 3.55 on a fat ps3 (the 4 usb 1)

the dev_blind.pkg installed ok,but i couldnt see the dev_blind dir with blackbox ftp ,but it showed up with openftp. (using flashfxp)

may not be not much help but thought id share the info.

original post @ psx-scene

Drizzt releases easiest method to access psn. he released two apps ****psn & ps3dns

* CA24.cer, dev_blind.pkg, ****Psn.exe from hxxp://gaia.psfree.net/****Psn/ and PS3DNS.exe, ARSoft.Tools.Net.dll from hxxp://gaia.psfree.net/****Psn/PS3DNS/
* OpenPS3FTP v1.2 from hxxp://www.multiupload.com/Z93APIOFJD
* Microsoft .NET 3.5 *google it if u dont have it*

1. Install dev_blind.pkg and OpenPS3FTP on your PS3 (using FTP, external USB or what else)
2. Launch dev_blind and make it mount the flash
3. Open OpenPS3FTP and connect to it using a PC
4. Connect via FTP to PS3 (using username root and password openbox)
5. Go to /dev_blind/data/cert
6. Rename CA24.cer as CA24.cer.bak
7. Put my CA24.cer as /dev_blind/data/cert/CA24.cer
8. Set the PS3's PRIMARY DNS server to your PC's IP address
9. Set the PS3's SECONDARY DNS server to your actual DNS server (e.g. router)
10. Reboot your PS3

dont use blackbox ftp instead of openps3ftp

any program using port 433/80 will stop the proxy working so close down programs like skype/teamviewer/apache and if it still doesnt work check your firewall settings and grab TCPVIEW to see what program is clashing on port 433/80

I get to step 2 and "Failed to mount writable dev_flash to /dev_blind." :(

You tried this way SRM?

1.Install jjolano’s dev_blind and OpenPS3FTP on your hacked PS3
2.Launch dev_blind so /dev_flash is now writable under /dev_blind
3.Launch OpenPS3FTP and connect using an FTP client on your PC
4.Browse to /dev_blind/data/cert
5.Create a backup of the original “CA24.cer” file
6.Upload the new CA24.cer file from the PSN pack below
7.Set your PS3′s Primary DNS to your PC’s IP address
(where ****PSN.exe will be running)
8.Set your PS3′s Secondary DNS to your actual DNS server
or simply use OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222
9.Reboot your PS3
10.Start ****PSN.exe on your PC
11.Log into PSN!

tools are available here - hxxp://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/283

Tips -
In step 3,4,5 - you can use the Awesome file manager instead of you like.
but make sure to make a backup of CA24.cer before overwriting it.

In step 7 - just find out what is the IP for the computer that will run ****PSN.exe:
Start>Run>type in "cmd">click OK
A black window should open...
type in "ipconfig /all" > Enter

Search for the line that indicates the IP Address .......
put those 4 numbers into the primary DNS on the PS3.

In step 8 - just put in 208.67.222.222 into the secondary DNS.

there are 2 versions of dev_blind original and one for geohot cfw. make sure you run l2 patch before you run dev_blind also I use awesome file manager to change the certificate

well i have tried every method using charles, fcukPSN and the like Ive followed every tutorial out there ive checked post 433 and 80 are open and when I connect I still get
"Network connection failed. Disconnecting from network (00360000)"

im gonna try a different router tmoz and see if thats it but Ive gone thru it all with a fine toothcomb and still getting the same problem I can connect to PSN but just cant play any games. BOLLOX

if your having trouble using fu*kpsn try turning your firewall off why your setting it up and if you use at least version 0.4 you only need the one app instead of the dns and fu*kpsn apps, personally i installed and used dev_blind then booted the ftp program on the pc and blackboxftp on the ps3 im not sure why its stated above not to use it worked 1st time for me, then i transferred the cert that way then set the dns addys up on the ps3 then just ran fu*kpsn tbh its pretty hard to get wrong chances are if you are your firewall is probably blocking it or your running something like skype as stated above
@prag are you using skype or any ssl stuff m8, also if you have a hub handy put your modem ps3 and pc into that just use your modem ip instead of your router one (192.168.100.1) which version fu*kpsn you using m8 if you was getting a connection but the fix wasnt happening you should be getting the screen that offers the system update also im pretty sure a new router wont help you if you can already ping your ps3 from your pc or if you use media streaming to the ps3 and you can see the comp your using your good this fix dosent need out side access so you dont need to go into your router at all your problem is almost certainly on the pc, also check if you can web browse on the ps3 to see if your getting a outside connection at all.

if you cant find the cert folder when you 1st login into ftp cut and paste this /dev_blind/data/cert in the ftp program directory thing i use cuteftp and when i logged in using blackboxftp i couldnt get to the dev_blind folder unless i pasted in /dev_blind/ then clicked the rest

Last edited:
if your having trouble using fu*kpsn try turning your firewall off why your setting it up and if you use at least version 0.4 you only need the one app instead of the dns and fu*kpsn apps, personally i installed and used dev_blind then booted the ftp program on the pc and blackboxftp on the ps3 im not sure why its stated above not to use it worked 1st time for me, then i transferred the cert that way then set the dns addys up on the ps3 then just ran fu*kpsn tbh its pretty hard to get wrong chances are if you are your firewall is probably blocking it or your running something like skype as stated above
@prag are you using skype or any ssl stuff m8, also if you have a hub handy put your modem ps3 and pc into that just use your modem ip instead of your router one (192.168.100.1) which version fu*kpsn you using m8 if you was getting a connection but the fix wasnt happening you should be getting the screen that offers the system update also im pretty sure a new router wont help you if you can already ping your ps3 from your pc or if you use media streaming to the ps3 and you can see the comp your using your good this fix dosent need out side access so you dont need to go into your router at all your problem is almost certainly on the pc, also check if you can web browse on the ps3 to see if your getting a outside connection at all.

if you cant find the cert folder when you 1st login into ftp cut and paste this /dev_blind/data/cert in the ftp program directory thing i use cuteftp and when i logged in using blackboxftp i couldnt get to the dev_blind folder unless i pasted in /dev_blind/ then clicked the rest

Thanks for the input marra, ive not got skype or anything using ssl running on any of my systems ive tried a different router this morning but still not getting and wasnt getting any joy. However I found fckPSN5.0 this morning ran that on its own and its all up and running perfect. Thanks again for the input.

Hi,

Has anyone got this to run on a 20meg vermin home hub thing, have tried everyway, even on two differnet computers & houses but cannot even get anything to show up in f**kpsn?

Thanks

Hi,

Has anyone got this to run on a 20meg vermin home hub thing, have tried everyway, even on two differnet computers & houses but cannot even get anything to show up in f**kpsn?

Thanks

running fine via superhub using ethernet.

How did you do it m8, been trying for about 3 days on & off & no bloody go!!!

-turned off firewall on superhub since use the MSE one.

PS3
---
changed network settings to point primnary dns to PC's IP and secondary to 1.1.1.1
installed openftp1.3,devblind .pkg's
run devblind, run openftp

PC
--
used ftp package to get onto PS3 with user:root pass:eek:penbox, naviagte to devblind_>data->cert
rename CER27.cer to CER27.cer.bak on the PS3 pane.
copied the provided CER27.cer to the PS3's devblind_>data->cert dir.
drop ftp connection
drop to a cmd terminal, run 'netstat -a' to see if anything is listening on ports 443,80&53, if something is find out what and stop it.
start f_+kpsn 0.5

PS3
---
reboot and sign into psn!

Back