Is the DNS trick to get on PSN still working?

Well ive managed to get it working but I keep getting kicked off the network when I goto play games online I tried playing resistance 2 this morning and got "Network connection failed. Disconnecting from network (00360000)"

I managed to log into PSN and goto the store but I just cant play any games anyone else having this issue??

Well ive managed to get it working but I keep getting kicked off the network when I goto play games online I tried playing resistance 2 this morning and got "Network connection failed. Disconnecting from network (00360000)"

I managed to log into PSN and goto the store but I just cant play any games anyone else having this issue??

Contrary to what the instructions say unless charles is running you cannot play online, after 30mins it quits since it's a trial. Just done it on me, played a lap or two on GT5, then played modnation racers, would not connect, found charles had quit, ps3dns had not, restarted charles and would then connect and play fine :)

Contrary to what the instructions say unless charles is running you cannot play online, after 30mins it quits since it's a trial. Just done it on me, played a lap or two on GT5, then played modnation racers, would not connect, found charles had quit, ps3dns had not, restarted charles and would then connect and play fine :)

Heres something that may help stop charles from quitting every 30 mins. :D

PHP:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Still not having it for me, I have run the nice files you gave us for charles but everytime I goto run an online game as soon as the game starts I get the "Network connection failed. Disconnecting from network (00360000)"
I can log into playstation network ok and into the shop etc but no online gaming. Any other ideas?? Thanks

have you looked on charles to see what it's doing, like does a box come up saying allow this ip.

weird you can get onto psn though?

try starting the whole thing from scratch, like copying the .cer file on the ps3 and make sure you have copied that .txt file to your c:\ on your pc.

have you looked on charles to see what it's doing, like does a box come up saying allow this ip.

weird you can get onto psn though?

try starting the whole thing from scratch, like copying the .cer file on the ps3 and make sure you have copied that .txt file to your c:\ on your pc.

yep started from scratch same problem, however I was reading around that Resistance 2 has had some issues so are some other games Im just gonna try GT5 as not tried that yet. Im just wondering if it could be a DNAT problem meaning I have forward ports to the PC running the proxy, Im gonna give that a go next. But if anyone else has any other ideas I would welcome them thanks.

UPDATE
Still nuffink oh well just not working for me on games just keep getting the disconnected from network error but Im still able to login and buy shite from their shop(go figure) Cant get on home either.
If any of you guys got any other ideas Im all ears, thanks for the help so far though

Last edited:
lol I think the swear filter is blocking the link

Just google f***PSN all one word

Last edited:
can confirm this method works

just played blackops in 3D,fookin mint lol

could'nt log in to killzone3 servers though

Errrrmm, maybe because killzone 3 aint due for release yet :)

Im getting this error message "Failed to mount writable dev_flash to /dev_blind.", on my phat PS3, Keamu CFW 3.55, trust me to get stuck on step 2. Any ideas ?

Thanks for looking.

Back