Is the DNS trick to get on PSN still working?

I don't think anyone's bothered with it lol.

It looks like it could work but what they fail to mention is that this has to be written into a custom firmware, which for the large majority of us is out of the question. Its not a simple solution at all but like a say someone with the savvy could make it simple for everyone else.

It looks like it could work but what they fail to mention is that this has to be written into a custom firmware, which for the large majority of us is out of the question. Its not a simple solution at all but like a say someone with the savvy could make it simple for everyone else.

Yes but even the fix as is though is like going right around the area for a pizza when you could just wait an hour and have it delivered. In other words it probably does work but it's extremely convoluted and there's no tutorials around that as you say makes it easy - there's 1 or 2 things involved in the workaround that's assumed knowledge which clearly for most of us isn't or not willing to bother when one can just wait it out. Hence why I know of nobody that's actually gone to the trouble of using this fix or even attempting it.

well from reading those tutorials it looks pretty straight forward although the tutorials are a bit vague in places. Looks like I was wrong and that it doesnt need to be written into the custom firmware Im going to give this a go today and will let you know how I get on. Thanks for the links justeve

Got asbestos installed at last and have copied over file to dev_rewflash/data/cer
still not connected though I keep getting error 8071053D all running as per instructions?? Will keep trying though

Last edited:
will this work with the wireless ps3

Yes it does.

You only run 2 programs on the PC and install Asbestos on the PS3 (this just unlocks a file you need to change)

I don't play games online, but I have no probs signing into PSN and downloading stuff I've already bought or buying anything else.

Also I downloaded updates for games I've bought out of the store. But I wouldn't update update backup games this way, I use PS3 game updater 1.4 for that.

So at the moment there is now CFW with the ability to get on PSN without messing about with proxy etc on your PC?

Back