Is the DNS trick to get on PSN still working?

yep has been sorted by sony now. no more dns bypass

Just glad I purchased an xbox for online play now. I'll simply use my ps3 for cfw 3.55!

To be honest, $ony aint stupid, they know that people have been using the dns trick, and anyone doing so within reason have done it to bypass the firmware update, any normal console would not need to, so they prob have a list the size of god knows what of mac address's that have connected this way, one of mine included in that list no doubt, what they choose to do with that list remains to be seen, but dont for one moment think that using the dns trick didnt make you stand out like a sore thumb, quite the opposite :)

Lets all sit back and see, Im with Paul on this, 3.55, everything is cool and any newer games that get released which needs 3.56 or newer hopefully should be able to get sorted on 3.55 now that they can mess with the firmware and multiman has more control etc, i dont think we will see eboots modified anymore, but who knows, like i said, $ony aint stupid, they read these places and will come out with something

Oh, and I think you will find the answer to your question, how long is a piece of string

Its 3.55 :) inches

Oh, and I think you will find the answer to your question, how long is a piece of string

Its 3.55 :) inches

lol very clever m8 call me sad but DoomedEarl's reply tickled me and yours finished me, im gutted about the dns trick but it was inevitable i was just about to prestige on cod too i think this is the end of the line for this trick now time to put my hand in pocket and get a 2nd ps3 i think its the only option now with s0nys new security.

yep down for me also was working until last night funnily enough just tried to go and play a bit of killzone and bang no more. Oh well good while it lasted.

To be honest I think it's only a matter of time before I go back legit. Hacking's fun and all as is free games but in all honesty there's only a handful that are new worth having, the rest are old games. And what happens in future when all games need 3.56 or above ? Lots of faffing about for a game you probably won't even play when you got it for nowt. And of course there's the online situation too.

As time goes on I reckon I for one will end up going back legit. Or I'll get a PS3 Slim as my main unit and not hack it.

Couldnt agree more, its the old case of 2 units, 1 for backups and 1 for legit, glad i got the misses her own ps3, which of course i will start using for legit and keep mine for my use :)

Yeah that's what I was going to do in the first place initially but didn't end up doing it. Needs must now though. Or will be.

Couldnt agree more, its the old case of 2 units, 1 for backups and 1 for legit, glad i got the misses her own ps3, which of course i will start using for legit and keep mine for my use :)

Why not just buy a 360, 95% of the games are on the 360 and it also murders the PS3 for online gaming, but thats just my opinion :banana:

Why not just buy a 360, 95% of the games are on the 360 and it also murders the PS3 for online gaming, but thats just my opinion :banana:

Some people prefer PS3, it's not all about online gaming, which btw is free on PS3 and stable. Also I'd reverse that and say 95% of the 360 games are on the PS3 and that the PS3 has a lot more true exclusives that blow the 360's out of the water. And it has a more diverse gaming library on top of all that and is the most powerful machine. I'll even assume the 360 doesn't die a death anymore due to RRoD you can have that back but PS3 is still the better machine hands down. ;)

The PS3 is better than the 360 for many reasons, but the 360 is also better for many other reasons, I don't want to diss the PS3 in anyway shape or form as i got the Launch model :banana: (60Gb) and happy with it.

But lets be honest, the online is real poor (Free for a Reason)... I got 2 Turtle Beach headsets, one for each console and the difference between the two consoles speaks for itself. At the end of the day there both good machines, i just prefer the ********************* PMSL.

Thanks for sharing your comments :Clap:

The PS3 is better than the 360 for many reasons, but the 360 is also better for many other reasons, I don't want to diss the PS3 in anyway shape or form as i got the Launch model :banana: (60Gb) and happy with it.

But lets be honest, the online is real poor (Free for a Reason)... I got 2 Turtle Beach headsets, one for each console and the difference between the two consoles speaks for itself. At the end of the day there both good machines, i just prefer the ********************* PMSL.

Thanks for sharing your comments :Clap:

Yeah this is true, tbh the only gripe I had with 360 (i owned 3) was the reliability issue, I'd owned 2 from new and 1 second hand and all three of them didn't see out the year. Now to add a bit of perspective I've had my single PS3 bought second hand for 2 years now and it's still working fine as the day I bought it. Lucky or unlucky, but that's what pushed me away from the 360. Then I sampled my brother's PS3 back when they first came out and I was impressed with Resistance Fall Of Man but I was stunned by Motorstorm and that was all it took. Then Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid 4 came along not long after and I was gobsmacked all over again and that's been the story for me. Just one after the other after the other of excellent games pushing the limits of technology on consoles and said games not available elsewhere.

I know I'm seen as this raging PS3 fanboy but honestly to me my console of choice varies from cycle to cycle and I always own them all at one point or another and my choice is a logical choice as I'm sure it is for you in this case but for me it just seems odd to me how you pay for online yearly to play a handful (and it is a handful) of samey genuine exclusives and yet be happy to play arena shooters in the minor league as it were when PS3 is free to play online and is much more powerful and diverse as has been proven with it's multitude of exclusives. Obviously it's a personal preference thing but nevertheless it's one I don't quite understand maybe if a 360 person can explain their way of thinking to me I'd have a much better idea of where they're coming from. Though on the other hand maybe I've answered my own question with the fact of I don't see the big appeal with online arena shooters as they're just not my idea personally of good games. I'm more into stuff like Zelda, Mario, Uncharted etc to me they're proper games. But I digress. That's the beauty of freedom of choice. You prefer 360 and even though I don't understand why and that it's turned out to be not for me that's totally cool. And I respect that. :)

Having said all that.....DRAW YOUR LINE IN THE SAND AND BRING IT BIATCH, FANBOY WARS FTW!!!!.....no don't I'm just kidding! My piss poor parody of youtube fanboys, and no I'm not on there lmao ;)

Last edited:
Errr, we have 4 360's, 3 oldstyle and 1 slim :) 1 in each of the bedrooms and the slim in the living room, the bedroom ones are all networked so the kids and me and the misses can all stream movies etc from the main pc (24hrs a day stays on lol) and we also have 2 ps3's, 60 gig original 4usb port (now 640gig) and a slim 250 gig (hers lol) also have 3 wii's and yes we kick each others ass's on mario kart online in a friend room rather than sat round the 1 tv, so your comment of why dont you get a 360 kinda didnt apply to me :)

I like all consoles, I do prefer the ps3 for most things, but the new 360 (apart from not playing backups and im not sure im gonna even do that one when the time comes) is quite a nice machine

I have a few ps2's dotted around somewhere, 2 with hard drives in with network cards, a few original mega drive consoles and god knows what else up in the attic, amigas etc etc, dont make me list all the stuff, psps, ds's it goes on :)

So you see, I have a very keen interest in DW to keep me up to date with what goes on

Cheers

That was just for the guy who kinda said to get a 360 :p and yes i know, it was just a comment :)

Exactly! Its the only way to go! One unit for backups, one for online!

Back