VU+ Solo2 Is my Sunray Vu Solo2 bricked?

nckjason

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've tried to flash my Sunray VU Solo 2 with new firmware. However, after the reboot there is no display at all on the front lcd display. Is my receiver dead? How to revive it? Any help or suggestions needed. Thanks

Hi All,

I've tried to flash my Sunray VU Solo 2 with new firmware. However, after the reboot there is no display at all on the front lcd display. Is my receiver dead? How to revive it? Any help or suggestions needed. Thanks

Do you have a removable flash chip?
Sounds like a soft brick..just find another correct image for your box and reflash it...
There are loads of sunray images available in downloads..see the ones by Kemp.

Hi AJT,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, what is a removable flash chip? However, I have a cypress board CY7C68013A. I have installed BBS 3 and 3.1. with BCM 97325, 97335 and 97346. It seemed to be not connected. I have tried every possible combinations of the pins with or without the 3V on the cypress board and the configurations such as I2C,SPI,etc Revision A0,B0 etc. but still no luck of getting it connected. I have tried with the Serial cable RS232 and the network cable as well and still not connected. What am i doing wrong? How to get it connected? Thanks in advance.

Back