is my lnb goosed ?

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
have got 2 fixed dishes , one is 13e and 19e other is at 30w , switched on today watching a few progs on 13 and 19 no probs , went onto 30w and getting no or bad sig on all channels , went into menu and checked signal strength and quality on 13 and 19 got blue and yellow bars , on 30w signal and strength are all in red even tho signal is showing at around 95% , strength is at around 8% to 10% , so is it poss that the lnb may be had it's day

thx in advance

have got 2 fixed dishes , one is 13e and 19e other is at 30w , switched on today watching a few progs on 13 and 19 no probs , went onto 30w and getting no or bad sig on all channels , went into menu and checked signal strength and quality on 13 and 19 got blue and yellow bars , on 30w signal and strength are all in red even tho signal is showing at around 95% , strength is at around 8% to 10% , so is it poss that the lnb may be had it's day

thx in advance

Is it easy to get to the dishes? If so I'd first check that your 30W dish isn't loose, if it doesn't appear to have moved then check LNB's by swapping them about (if you don't have a spare one). While you're there, check none of the F-connectors have water damage. And as @abubaniaz says, don't rule out the DiSEqC switch. If it is the switch, you may be lucky enough to be able to use the 4th port until you get a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
after getting new lnb and putting it on today , think that the prev one may well have seen the end of it's life

Attachments

• lnb.jpg
    lnb.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 21
Yep, I reckon it's past its 'best before' date by a year or 4! What did you replace it with?

it not done too bad really , roughly about 10 years :proud:

replaced with a tm-1

Attachments

• tm-1.jpg
    tm-1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 15
That is a great little LNB for the money. I used the 'Best' branded version of these for years, have sold/fitted several hundred with only a handful of returns/failures.

Back