Is my dbox2 dead?

pepper49

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, a bit of advice please. Nokia 2x box.

Tried to load the channels on box with bouquet wizard, but software came up with error, so decided to reflash box, (which I have done when this error has previously occurred).

After reflashing loaded channels back on, no probs, but the box is saying 'waiting for time' and the 'channels not availble', have tried 3 different images, flashed it both ifa & yweb, still no joy. Have even done a channel scan on box and only approx 14 channels found and they're still not clearing.

Is the box knackered, or has anyone got any suggestiions. Thanks.

What images have you tried ??? Commando and Sportster need to have the keys added and sometimes the softcam is not enabled.

What are your snr/ber/sig readings??

Is it a straight connection into it or is it split.

Last edited:
Have tried blade 1x, blade 2 & don's 4.

No splitters/boosters in line.

Wierd though it was working fine until lunchtime, it's only when I tried to reload channels, (have another box upstairs and had done a channel scan and picked up a few new channels which I as trying to put on the nokia box).

Thanks.

Sounds like a signal issue then, maybe they were working in your area, I assume you have checked all your leads going into box. It wouldnt be the 1st time I have had a phone call from my bro saying he can't get channels and the lead had come out...lol

Hi, a bit of advice please. Nokia 2x box.

Tried to load the channels on box with bouquet wizard, but software came up with error, so decided to reflash box, (which I have done when this error has previously occurred).

After reflashing loaded channels back on, no probs, but the box is saying 'waiting for time' and the 'channels not availble', have tried 3 different images, flashed it both ifa & yweb, still no joy. Have even done a channel scan on box and only approx 14 channels found and they're still not clearing.

Is the box knackered, or has anyone got any suggestiions. Thanks.
Change to evocamd and post a bootlog.

Hi, don't think is a signal problem as box upstairs no probs and is looped through the Nokia.

Fergalsworld what do you mean by 'post a bootlog'. Thanks.

Fergalsworld, Thanks for your quick replies, will have to get a nullmodem cable tomorrow, so I will get back to you then with the bootlog.

Thanks. Alison.

Hi, new probelem, been out today got the rs232 lead, trying running the bootlog software (following the instructions about which boxes to tick etc) and nothing, no log made etc.

I don't know if it's because I am using a laptop, which hasn't got a rs232 socket, so I am using a rs232 to usb convertor.

Can anyone help please.

M8 if ur upstairs box is working, what I suggest is you connect to your box using the web interface. Save that image that is working.
Then reload it on ur dbox, that will gurantee tell you if its ur tuner or not.

I had an issue a month or so back when I installed the new blade image on my new dbox. It somehow nackered my tuner so I got another new one but stuck to my Dons image from my other box and not a problem since.

Hi chris101, Just a quick question, do you use Backup & restore under settings with Yweb to do this.

Reading other posts it looks like by trying to reflash it I have knackered the tuner somehow.

Thanks.

Hi chris101, Just a quick question, do you use Backup & restore under settings with Yweb to do this.

Reading other posts it looks like by trying to reflash it I have knackered the tuner somehow.

Thanks.
Yes then read one partition and flash without bootloader it will put it in the /tmp folder.
Transfer it to the /tmp folder on the other box then write one partition and flash without bootloader.

As long as both boxes are 1x or 2x they cannot be one of each otherwise you will get kein system when you flash the other one.

Last edited:
Hi, haven't tried yweb back up yet, but reading other posts think I may have found the bootlog made by IFA when I last flashed it last night. Could someone please confirm this, and let me know what's going on with my box. Ta.

[DBox]
Adapter=0
IP=192.168.1.202
NFSRoot=C:\ppcboot80971
Bootfile=C:\ppcboot80971\ppcboot
Filter_Debug_All=2
OpenCOM=0
StartBootP=1
StartNFS=0
StartRARP=0
IP_Debug_All=0
Baudrate=1
Port=0
Bootfile_History=C:\ppcboot80971\ppcboot
NFSRoot_History=
Configs=-1
Debug=0
odFlashDir=
odBinariesDir=
sdSaveDir=
sdExtractDir=
odFileDir=
odScriptDir=
[NFS]
DbgLevel=1

Thats not a bootlog you will see the bootlog in the com window when you use dboxmanager.
When using your rs232 to usb convertor check in dbmanager com drop down menu to see if it gives you any more com port options to try.

@pepper - work on the base assumption :

1. If it's just lost channels over the months - then that's natural - the frequencies move and you have to re-scan and update these boxes like the others.

2. If it suddenly lost more than this - then there's possiblye a problem.

IF - as your post (though quick read suggests) - you've reflashed and it's gone 'Waiting for Time/EPG/Generally 'Pear Shaped' - it'll be what you did and (thankfully) not a sudden hardware fault in the box.

If you have a Nokia DBOX 2- then reflash using the IFA and Commando 8 image available HERE - and if it flashes successfully let us know ;)

It's Nokia 2X chip specific - to scan you should only have to do the usual DBOX Menu Service Scan etc (search as there's tons on this) :)

Last edited:
@pepper - work on the base assumption :

1. If it's just lost channels over the months - then that's natural - the frequencies move and you have to re-scan and update these boxes like the others.

2. If it suddenly lost more than this - then there's possiblye a problem.

IF - as your post (though quick read suggests) - you've reflashed and it's gone 'Waiting for Time/EPG/Generally 'Pear Shaped' - it'll be what you did and (thankfully) not a sudden hardware fault in the box.

If you have a Nokia DBOX 2- then reflash using the IFA and Commando 8 image available HERE - and if it flashes successfully let us know ;)

It's Nokia 2X chip specific - to scan you should only have to do the usual DBOX Menu Service Scan etc (search as there's tons on this) :)

That Link to commando image has the keys inserted
I dont think this is wot was intended by team commando
Not tryin to throw water on your fire mate
As your tryin to help its plain to se ...............paul

That Link to commando image has the keys inserted
I dont think this is wot was intended by team commando
Not tryin to throw water on your fire mate
As your tryin to help its plain to se ...............paul
I agree team commando released there image fta only.
The link should be removed.

Fergalsworld, in dbox manager it's only giving me the options of com 3 & com 4. Have tried both, and still not able to get a log?

Thanks.

Hi, have played with bootlog this morning, and got it working. (at last!)

Have attached it. Thanks.

View attachment 32523
I cant see anything wrong in the bootlog maybe mgb could have a look he knows bootlogs inside out.

Try flashing pacino 2.1 on and delete the "myservices" file if there is one, then manually put your details in the scan menu red to save
unplug from the mains the power back up and check details are correct then do a fast scan and or slow scan see if you get fta showing.
Also try it on the feed upstairs.

Back