Is my dbox2 dead?

Hi, just another bit of info about the nokia box.

Have plugged it in to get the ber info etc. The rates are:-

BER - 262143, SNR - 47031, SIG - 36751, Birate - 0.

Don't know if these figures help solving my box problem. Haven't tried pacino 2.1 yet.

Thanks.

Ber is way too high, should be below 50 I think and your sig is too low. Just reading some other threads about ber snr and sig and snr needs to be above 55000 and for best results above 60000. (thx to Devilfish posts)

Last edited:
Yes, I know figures are not as should be, was wondering if it's the tuner (transistor) that's causing the problem.

Earlier in thread you said no splitters but later again you said box upstairs was looped through the nokia....did that mean you are also using upstairs box off that feed or have I got that wrong.

The feed upstairs is looped through from the nokia box downstairs.

Just out of curiousity, have you tried unlooping it and then taking snr/ber/sig readings. If they improve it may just need a booster.

Yes tried everything like that, just pulling my hair out now!!!!

Have you brought the box upstairs down to try with just a straight feed into it and took readings, just to eliminate a possible feed problem. If that box is ok then the feed is o.k.

Yes, have the box from upstairs downstairs since box went faulty on Friday, running with no problems (it's a sagem). The nokia with the probs was the first in line.

Hi, just another bit of info about the nokia box.

Have plugged it in to get the ber info etc. The rates are:-

BER - 262143, SNR - 47031, SIG - 36751, Birate - 0.

Don't know if these figures help solving my box problem. Haven't tried pacino 2.1 yet.

Thanks.
If those readings are from a working service file.
Give the Slx1P booster from argos a try.

Just going back over the thread...best to try what fergalsworld said in post 20, between him, Devilfish and mgb (amonst others) are the most knowledgable about these boxes. I am just a stop gap for trivial questions...lol

Hi, will try one of these, could anyone explain though why after working for approx 2 years with no probs it should all of a sudden need a booster, I would of thought it wouldn't have worked from day one.

Thank you all for your help & advice, will let you know what happens.

Hi, will try one of these, could anyone explain though why after working for approx 2 years with no probs it should all of a sudden need a booster, I would of thought it wouldn't have worked from day one.

Thank you all for your help & advice, will let you know what happens.
Ever had an Tv,vcr,kettle,toaster,etc suddenly stop working!
Electrical equipment dont let you know the time and date when they are going to go t*ts up.

Hi, just to keep you all updated, put the Pacino 2 image on box, been out and bought the argos booster, and still the same problem. The only difference with the booster the SNR rate is flickering from approx 10000 to 50000 quickly.

Any more ideas/suggestions.

Thanks.

I have starred with this problem before and was advised to try one of the early early images i think it was called blue peer or something like that anyway its in the downloads, gotta be worth a try.

@pepper49
Disable hardware section filtering in the boot options and reboot the box. In your bootlog that option was enabled.
You could also try a other ucode version.

Back