is milk good for u?

A guy I work with says humans cant digest any 'dairy' he says after 2 years old we loose the antibodies to break it down.

Dont know if I believe it or not but hes 52 yrs old and only looks 30 !! and hes healthier than a butchers dog.

ah sod it " put the kettle on love , ill av a milky one"

I don't drink milk, my tea and coffee is black and my cornflakes have soya on them.

I do still eat yogurt and cheese. So I still get a dose, but not particularly a high dose.
Saying that, I would eat soya yogurt if it was in my supermarket.

Milk is good, especially when my missus spill's it all down her chest when she drinks it, gets in a right sticky mess. Bless her :licka:

Don't like it, never have liked it. I wouldnt ruin my coffee by putting it in it. But I dont think there is anything wrong with it, in fact I encouraged my kids to drink it.

Dem bones dem bones need calcium.

Everything's bad for you! If you listen to scientists you'd never eat anything and starve to death, which isn't good for you either!

My philosophy is that scientists change their minds as often as they change their undies and every latest theory is supposed to be the right one. We always think we're the enlightened generation and laugh at things people believed 20 or 30 years ago. The truth is we know a fraction of what there is to know so we shouldn't take our 'knowledge' too seriously.

Some people have a low intolerance level to dairy products; a friend of mine can’t have too much dairy products because he quickly starts feeling bloated.

I’ve always drunk milk since childhood and I’ve never felt or had any problems.

I think with mot foods in moderation its fine but having too much of something can potentially cause problems

Everything's bad for you! If you listen to scientists you'd never eat anything and starve to death, which isn't good for you either!

My philosophy is that scientists change their minds as often as they change their undies and every latest theory is supposed to be the right one. We always think we're the enlightened generation and laugh at things people believed 20 or 30 years ago. The truth is we know a fraction of what there is to know so we shouldn't take our 'knowledge' too seriously.

So we should ignore science and make our judgements and decisions on the basis of...

What?

What we do know is milk is a way for a mother to transport the growth hormone (GH) to the baby. We also know that the protiens that carry the GH survive the digestion process.

So, does the cow growth hormone affect humans or not? I believe some people maybe sensitive and the majority are not.

As far as I am concerned, we have as much right to drink cows milk as cows have to drink human milk; I'm not against it, I was just sensitive to milk when I was younger and I would like other options in my diet.

Only humans drink milk producded by another animal. IIRC no other animal on earth drinks another animals milk, that said I do drink milk occasionaly but mainly the soya stuff now

Stop drinking milk and see how long it takes to break some bones due to lack of calcium. I've seen some people snap bones at the smallest of falls. I like to think my bones are pretty strong.

So we should ignore science and make our judgements and decisions on the basis of...
What?

As I said hamba, we shouldn't take scientists' advice too seriously. That doesn't mean ignoring them. We should take on board what they say but not be too paranoid about every little thing we eat or do.

One of my friends is like that, it's led to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). She's got two kids; one is 10 years old, seemingly allergic to everything (including dairy products) and constantly worries about money, and the other is about 12 years old and has already got OCD, not to mention being diagnosed with most other things I've heard of (he looks fine to me!). The father/husband gets really sick of it all, he's a builder and ex-Ice Hockey pro - he's as tough as old boots. He's healthier than the rest of the family and he takes no precautions with anything, he's daft as a brush in fact.

There's a balance like with everything else, but if people stop drinking milk they might as well give up on most foods. There are far to many scientists trying to make names for themselves and far too many journalists looking for headlines.

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm MILK!!!!! I love the stuff. Full fat not that pancy semi or skimmed poo. Cravedale has such a strong flavour too YUMMY YUMMY. Thats my midnight snack. No food only milk. If I have heart burn then I drink milk. Feel better than using antacids.

As I said hamba, we shouldn't take scientists' advice too seriously. That doesn't mean ignoring them. We should take on board what they say but not be too paranoid about every little thing we eat or do.

One of my friends is like that, it's led to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). She's got two kids; one is 10 years old, seemingly allergic to everything (including dairy products) and constantly worries about money, and the other is about 12 years old and has already got OCD, not to mention being diagnosed with most other things I've heard of (he looks fine to me!). The father/husband gets really sick of it all, he's a builder and ex-Ice Hockey pro - he's as tough as old boots. He's healthier than the rest of the family and he takes no precautions with anything, he's daft as a brush in fact.

There's a balance like with everything else, but if people stop drinking milk they might as well give up on most foods. There are far to many scientists trying to make names for themselves and far too many journalists looking for headlines.

As they say: A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Balance: yes, that's the trick.

I used to like having cereal with milk before going to bed. Then I began to wake up feeling stuffy in the head. Stopped the milky cereal and less stuffy heads.

I tend to get migraine. It comes on real quick if I drink red wine: I stopped drinking red wine.

But if I stopped eating everything that has the potential to be harmful then I would probably starve.

Balance and moderation, I think. :)

Couldn't give milk up if I tried, not that I ever will.

Best Drink on the planet imo and that includes lager.

Stop drinking milk and see how long it takes to break some bones due to lack of calcium. I've seen some people snap bones at the smallest of falls. I like to think my bones are pretty strong.

I didn't drink milk or any dairy product for 12 years and never broke a bone.
Which is quite suprising considering the amount of crazy stuff I did as a kid.
Ironically, when I started drinking milk again, I broke my collar bone on a rope swing; doctor said I was lucky I didn't break my back.

btw, you can get Calcium from other foods.

Jaffa, can you tell me who the chick is on the bottom of youe post shes a BABE !!

:angelwing( please dont tell me shes your daughter or mum or something):angelwing

lol.

Jaffa, can you tell me who the chick is on the bottom of youe post shes a BABE !!
Allison Stokke.

dpt-stokke25.jpg

Now perve off, shes mine. : party :: party :

Last edited by a moderator:
Back