Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is 1/2 price amazon prime available?

gadgethome

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hi,

Anyone know how to get the amazon prime account for 1/2 price? Someone at work mentioned they got an email a few months back from amazon and the price was £40 instead of the usual £80. I know they do a student 1/2 price deal but you need a .ac.uk email address to get the offer.

thanks

If you'd signed up before the launch date you got it for the price of the old Prime service for 12 months. i.e. £49.

Some Prime subscribers have complained that they didn't want the Video service, and have been allowed to renew their subscription for the old price too - at least for the first year.

I hadn't realised they'd launched Amazon Student in the UK: Amazon Student now in UK - Free Prime for 6 months then only £39 per year - Hot UK Deals I must tell my sister ;)

I dont think the student offer includes videos until after the 6 months and after payment. Just next day delivery and not sure if its worth it without the videos. I have our nephew staying with us and he has a .ac.uk.. If I signed up with his email and paid with my card, does anyone know if it will go through or will it get rejected?

Unless you delete it from the account, yes. Once the card is registered there is no requirement to re-enter the CVV off the back either.

If you're worried, you could just give your nephew the £40.

Back