Irish police wearing turbins,what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be wearing the same uniform as everyone else except he will also wear his turban which he wears everyday.

To be honest this therad did get side tracked as it has nothing to do with turbans on the constructions site. It has to do with a turban wearing Sikh in the Irish Garda (Police) force.

If Canada allows a Turban wearing Sikh to be an officer in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and New York have Turban wearing Sikhs in the NYPD is really that much of a big issue that they cant have a turban wearing Sikh in the Irish Garda? To add a volunteer as well. Remember this guy is a IT Professional doing Police work in his spare time.

They actually gave him the job but then told him to remove his turban.

as it in no way affects his personal safety when compared to fellow collegues then i dont see what the problem is. what a copper wears on his head doesnt affect his ability to do the job, it doesnt jepordise his safety or pose any additional risks to himself or any work collegues so in this case there shouldnt be any problem at all with it, unless in the past there has been talk of people not being allowed to wear other religious gear such as crosses, rings, bangels or whatever in the irish police force because of religion, in which case it should be one rule for all, NO religious stuff to be worn at all, and should have been made clear BEFORE offering the position to they guy

If its is a religion then why not, its not asif its for personal use, the tradition has been around for a centuries, its not like some kid wanting to wear a nike cap in school because he wants to look cool.

What does the hard hat offer to police, again its tradintion and offers some sort of protection to the head, alothough if the officer is in pursuit of a crinimal all the silly hat is going to do is slow him down and become loose. Maybe its time to come up some sort of new hat or scap it altogether, however its part of the uniform and he should wear it, its part of being a police man, for the time being.

Its not like they are wearing turbans because they dont want to wear a hard hat. A lot of Sikhs who arent practicing Sikhs tie their hair down instead of in a "Jura" (tied in a bun on top of the head) and wear whats called a Patka and wear hat on top.

Its not like they are wearing turbans because they dont want to wear a hard hat. A lot of Sikhs who arent practicing Sikhs tie their hair down instead of in a "Jura" (tied in a bun on top of the head) and wear whats called a Patka and wear hat on top.

like monty panesar, you all know now!!! thats if u follow the cricket.

i think the Irish police should wear a hoody , just to fit in ;)

No Green suits with little pointy shoes, hats with bells on the end and carry around pots of gold. Then they would fit right in! ;)

Head Turban

At least it stops one bit of police brutality...........head butting.

I used to work on a site with a few Sikhs and made good friends with them, 2 wore the Turban and 1 never (He wore hard hat on site ;)) they didn't make any issue out of it and just got on with their jobs, sikhs are also allowed to carry a ceremonial sword called a Kirpan .. I found out about these while trying to get into a pub in London when the bouncer shat himself when he found it .. pmsl

Bronto ur saying by law they can carry this sowd around the streets ?

kirpan.gif

yep, ive seen loads of sikhs carry these around, so just check near the belt if theres on there incase you get into a fight with a sikh, i dont think theyre allowed 2 use them as a weapon anyway

thats i nice tooth pick, if there in this country they should follow our rules, simple as that

Apparently it is legal to carry it.

300px-CIMG0308.JPG

In the United Kingdom

It is legal under the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (section 139) and Offensive Weapons Act 1996 (section 3 and 4) for a Sikh to carry a kirpan with a blade for religious reasons (other reasons allowed by the Act are cultural or work related reasons). The Criminal Justice Act 1988 safeguards the rights of the Sikhs to carry the Kirpan as it is deemed a necessary part of their religion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirpan

Last edited:
Bronto ur saying by law they can carry this sowd around the streets ?

kirpan.gif

lol yes but the ones the guys I knew had weren't as big as that looks

well that is so wrong :thumbdown:
so if a sikh gets attact would it not be instinct to pull that knife ?
u live in the UK u abide by UK laws regardless of religion,and this isnt a racial remark
why should certain religions be exempt from the law ? carrying a knfe for god sake :(

If that is true, about the sword! Then THIS COUNTRY IS FCUKED.

If its not, then hahaha nice joke!

going into tescos with one of them, how does this work for boarding a flight? sir please take off your sword, omg omg its they have racially discriminated me for asking to remove my sword! lol big joke tbh. Is this true? :Kickassro

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back