\/irgin/Sky : Sky one Battle

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sky and ****** Media are continuing to negotiate regarding the carriage of Sky's basic channel bouquet on ******'s cable service, it was confirmed today.

In March 2007, channels including Sky One and Sky News disappeared from ****** Media after a carriage agreement between the two parties expired.

An acrimonious public dispute between the two companies, which started a month before the agreement's expiration, saw ****** accuse Sky of "doubling" the price of its channels - a claim denied by Sky, which suggested disaffected customers join its satellite pay television service instead.

In April 2007, ****** filed suit against Sky in the High Court, seeking the supply of the Sky Basics bouquet at a "reasonable commercial rate" and further accusing Sky of "abuse of dominance" by forcing ****** to accept an 85% cut in payments made for the carriage of its channels, such as Living and Trouble, on the Sky EPG.

This March, it was revealed that talks between the two firms had restarted, and Sky CEO Jeremy Darroch said this morning that negotiations remain in progress.

"Our view hasn't changed," he said when asked if a resolution to the dispute was likely to happen before February. "We'd like to get our channels back on ******. It's cost us money in terms of advertising and wholesale, and I'm afraid that is the power of a closed network, so we can't do that unless they agree. If we can get to sensible terms we'll try to but it's still up in the air."

A ****** spokesperson said: "Discussions are still ongoing."

why didnt VM just withdraw their channels from sky? then show them two can play at that game? i know its not ecomnomically viable for VM to do it but it would have gave sky a huge fright and we could all be enjoying the simpons on sky one just now lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Virgiins line-up is nowhere near as eye catching as Sky's offerings, what would you rather watch, Sky One or Living TV?

Remember Virgiin One arrived AFTER the troubel began, not that it's a patch on Sky One anyway.

`

Last edited:
I've got them all on my satellite system so I'm not missing them at all :) but I'd like the news back on Cable.

Cant say I have missed them so don't care if they come back or not.

me too! i just said stuff the lot of them. i download the sky one progs that i miss via torrent.

cant say I miss any tbh but would be nice if they returned
just for the extra choice of programming

occasionally sky one has something worth watching but its not very often, other than that there was nothing to lose sleep about, now if sky sports and sky movies departed however, that would make ****** tv fairly pointless to me :)

can say I miss sky 1 tbh, if i want a show i can get of off the net and in HD to boot.
The only good thing for sky1 was the likes of the Simpsons as it's on loads and kept the kids happy.

The only good thing for sky1 was the likes of the Simpsons as it's on loads and kept the kids happy.

dont be daft you love the simpsons too!!

i do!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Lets be honest, from what I remember, Sky One had about 8 repeated episodes of the simpsons per day followed by the occassional 24. Not lost a lot really.

Same here no skin of my nose if they dont come back, we got Dave now and ****** 1 lol.

Not missed it overall, but was gutted at the time, because me and the missus were engrossed in season 3 of Lost, when they pulled the plug on it...

Agree about Sky News, and Sky Sports News, I have missed them. In fact, I hooked a Freeview box up just so I could get SSN on a Saturday afternoon while I was busy in the kitchen... Gotta luv Jeff Stelling, and his crew, dishing out those football scores... lol Not that it matters now, 'cos I've stuck a 500c out there now instead! ;) (Couldn't afford it originally, hence the Freeview box!)

We are missing out on the new Gladiators though!

Back