Ireland mmds SatHD Irish DTT

despdan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

Just a quick note for anyone interested.

Have been tinkering with a Technomate 6900 super combo.
For peeps that dont know this is a HD system with mpeg4 built in. You can record onto usb stick or hard drive. You cannot watch another channel when its recording even thou it has twin tuners??

SAT

I can confirm that it will pick up all free to air channels off a sky dish including BBC-HD & ITV-HD.
If you have a free to view card ( sky card with yellow house ) you will also get Channel 4 HD & all Five & Five US channels.
If you have a Sky Subscription card this also works.

Hope this helps somebody

MMDS

I can also confirm that it works with this system.

Irish DTT

I am sure this box will get these channels but it does not support the epeg (interactive )
I have not put up an antenna for these channels but it should be up by the weekend.
I will edit this post with my findings.

Irish DTT

I am sure this box will get these channels but it does not support the epeg (interactive )
I have not put up an antenna for these channels but it should be up by the weekend.
I will edit this post with my findings.

I can now confirm it does pick up RTE1/RTE2/TV3/Tng channels.

Will it work with the mpeg4 DVB-T2 standard that Ireland has now adopted - I bought a 42" LCD screen last year with DVB-T receiver, and its only working in analogue mode.

Are there any other mpeg4 DVB-T2 boxes out there?

Will it work with the mpeg4 DVB-T2 standard that Ireland has now adopted - I bought a 42" LCD screen last year with DVB-T receiver, and its only working in analogue mode.

Are there any other mpeg4 DVB-T2 boxes out there?
Yes it works with the mpeg4 but I haven't come across a box that meets the MHEG5 for interactive services but I wouldn't be bothered to much:)

Does the Sly card work in the card slot or in a cam?

On the MMDS is it the digital one it works on mate and is it still on?

TA

Last edited:
Does the Sly card work in the card slot or in a cam?
In the card slot
On the MMDS is it the digital one it works on mate and is it still on?
Yes digital & still working:) Also new rte ddt system as well.
You have to manual input keys but that easy no AU support for Eire:(

Back