IPTV Box

Curious123

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have played with cable boxes and sat boxes in the past and even dabbled a little with the Android box but now I would like to have a try with the IPTV box. I realise it maybe the wrong time to get one of these boxes but would anyone care to recommend a good IPTV box?

IPTV box well you could say thats anything you can run IPTV on.

So android boxes and even the Firestick are included as an IPTV box. E2 sat boxes will run IPTV so will a PC and Phones. So im stuck on what you call an IPTV box.

Mag boxes might be what your referring to closed firmware add your mac address to the provider and off you go, however this type of box is still problematic at this time for some providers.

If i were you id get a decent Android box, gives you the choice in terms of app to view IPTV on

I have played with cable boxes and sat boxes in the past and even dabbled a little with the Android box but now I would like to have a try with the IPTV box. I realise it maybe the wrong time to get one of these boxes but would anyone care to recommend a good IPTV box?
Android box or mag box or 4k Fire TV Stick or Nvidia Shield TV or Formuler Z8
very good Android box
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The Best IPTV Set Top Boxes in 2019

Last edited:
Fancy the Beelink myself as its an android tv job but expensive

The 905 x3 boxes are starting to appear on the market they would be a good choice also.

I don't personally like the cheap Chinese Android boxes for their long term reliability and have been through several.

I would recommend the 4k Fire TV stick for cheapish solution or the Nvidia Shield if you want to spend some wonga for the best.

I wouldn't swap my Shield for anything but guess it depends if you simply want IPTV or a few more options under the hood.

Thank you guys. I visited a friend recently and he had something like a MAG box which he brought with a subscription of fleabay which prompted me to investigate IPTV but to be honest I am pretty clueless about IPTV. I have an android H96 pro , VU+Duo and a Fire TV stick though I am sure it is not 4k version. Can anyone tell if me I could use any of these before I go and purchase a closed source box? My friend said that there was a big taken down in Europe which effected his box so I am being a little cautious before shell out the cash.

You can use the H96 and the firestick for sure, unless the firestick is a mk1 in which case you may struggle.

Thank you guys. I visited a friend recently and he had something like a MAG box which he brought with a subscription of fleabay which prompted me to investigate IPTV but to be honest I am pretty clueless about IPTV. I have an android H96 pro , VU+Duo and a Fire TV stick though I am sure it is not 4k version. Can anyone tell if me I could use any of these before I go and purchase a closed source box? My friend said that there was a big taken down in Europe which effected his box so I am being a little cautious before shell out the cash.

I would install smarters iptv pro app or the stbemu app on your H96 pro for starters....

Tivimate and imPlayer are flavour of the month with me on anything android.

Smarters is good too although i only tend to run that in Windows along with ProgDVB

Tivimate and imPlayer are flavour of the month with me on anything android.
I've not tried them 2, are they abit more stable than stbemu and smarters?, also, are they both players ?. I wouldn't mind something were you can connect up your phone to say an Andriod box to type like Fire TV does.
Nothing worse when you get a trial sub and spend the next hour clicking onscreen keyboard

Last edited:
I've not tried them 2, are they abit more stable than stbemu and smarters?, also, are they both players ?. I wouldn't mind something were you can connect up your phone to say an Andriod box to type like Fire TV does.
Nothing worse when you get a trial sub and spend the next hour clicking onscreen keyboard

I reckon Tvimate is one of the best out there after recently trying it.

ImPlayer is constantly been developed and what sets it apart from the rest for me is it recording feature it's not yet let me down where other's had.

Both are apps you need to pay a small fee if you want the fully featured version but trial versions are available.

Both are players. I use a bluetooth keyboard so not sure on connecting up a phone.

I just tried TiviMate on the Shield. Looks pretty good and very configurable. Think I'll have a proper play with it tonight.

I'm running a MiBox, decent little thing. Runs AndroidTV, built-in chromecast and certified for Netflix.

This might be of help

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is it just case of loading one of these apps on my H96 Pro or VU Duo and then searching around for aan IPTV provider or am I oversimplfying the situation?

Back