iPhone iphone apps??

premprop51

DW F1 champion 2011
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys looking for a few iphone apps is there anywhere else i can get them except installous cause since i updated to 5.0.1 then re jb hardly any apps i download from installous actually work or is there anyway to fix this problem??

cheers.

apptrackr » home

Although the locations/downloads will be the same, so it's possible your JB hasn't been done correctly or needs to be reapplied.

You've made sure you did any Cydia updates etc?

if its not done correctly mate how do i go about reapplying it?? or start from scratch is that a beter idea??

cheers.

ive redone mine about 5 times now, its still not perfect but is the best im gonna get, most my apps are working, its just the occasional one ii get now that wont open, id try a fresh install mate

thanx mate ill give it a try later see how i get on,its a pain in the arse 90% of the apps i download dont work or just dont download.

i find installous is crap at the minute too, its very tedious with all the typing in security checks for each download, much easier grabbing them on the computer from apptrackr and syncing them all across in 1 go! bear in mind you will need appsync from cydia if you plan on doing it this way!

yeah thanx for that big-hol never really thought about doing it that way,ill have a look into it, take it i just install appsync from cydia? is it easy enough to do??

cheers.

yeah appsync for whichever ios your using then once you have downloaded the apps, open itunes, goto apps, drag your new downloaded apps into it and sync and your ready to go!

thanx hol ill give that a try!!!

ive never even heard of it huggy but thanx ill take a look at that as well!

cheers guys.

another way of downloading and installing...

Download apps from apptrackr.org on the PC / Laptop, and then using winscp copy them to the Installous/Downloads folder and then open Installous on your iPhone and the file will be in your downloaded items from which you can then install.

This is how i do it, saves messing around with iTunes which i hate and only takes a few minutes.

You can also do it through iSpirit or iTools (which i think Biffo posted)

Surely the itunes way is the easiest to do is it not, no browsing file directories or anything, once u have the app you want just drag and drop into apps on itunes and sync. I hate itunes personally but ya cant get much easier for transferring cracked apps like, unless im missing something!

yeah thanx big-hol sounds like the easiest way for me at the moment!!

thanx anyway guys for all the help much appreciated.

right ok so i registered for apptrackr but when im at the home page looking at the apps it wont let me click on any of them to download!!

this is where i am apptrackr » home take it thats the right site???

cheers.

Yeah thats the right site mate, whats it doing when you click the icons, maybe you meed to download flash to view the site properly, just a guess though

its not doing nothing mate the wee arrow just stays the same and it wont click on the app!

just had a look at appcake that huggi posted earlier and managed to download a couple of apps from there,so at least im getting somewhere!!! or so i thought............downloaded ok but when dragged into itunes they show up fine but dont show up on phone after sync!! anything a need to change???

thanx.

are you putting them in the apps section on itunes, im hardly an expert either mate to be honest only had my iphone a few days, but just checked apptrackr and i can click the icons no problem, i would certainly see if your flash is upto date, other than that i aint got a clue. also did you manage to install appsync from cydia and was it for the right ios, also try restarting your device to make sure appsync has installed as it should!

yes mate im putting them in apps in itunes and they show up fine but when i sync iphone there not on it!!! yeah ive had mine a while now but just really decided to fart about with it (wish i hadnt bothered) yes managed to get appsync from cydia for 5.0+, thanx for your help ill have another play about with it!!

cheers.

right once in itunes and you have added the apps to apps in itunes, goto your device half way down the left hand side and click it, then goto apps from that part and you may need to select them to copy them across, then sync, if that makes sense, lol ;)

Back