IPhone 5 Wifi Greyed Out Help!

Gunner786

Inactive User
Reaction score
Bought an Iphone 5 march 2013.
Couple of days ago the wifi completely went cant even turn it on.
Looked online at some fixes but none work, seems like its a IOS 7 issue.

I phoned Apple and after trying a few fixes on it they told me go to carphone warehouse where i bought it from for an exchange.
Went to carphone warehouse and they want £187 for a replacement as its a manufacturer defect,
Are they trying to fob me off or can i use any other sales act clause to make them fix it?
Should have stuck to samsung where you get 2 years warranty i year is just not enough

Its only been a year and few months i thought warranty is for 2 years on these phones.
Any advice as to what i can do cos i paid £550 for it only last year and its still in mint condition.
Tried resetting network settings, phone restore, software update but nothing works.
I'm currently on IOS 7.1.2

Seems a very common fault looking at Apple Communities
https://discussions.apple.com/message/25519393?tstart=0#25519393

Yes mate they trying to fob you off. Carphone warehouse well known for this.
Your rights are under sale of goods act. If it's under 6 months old it is deemed faulty at point of manufacture. If over 6 months you need to prove a manufactures defect by way of report of some kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Fingers and thumbs ...

that was all over the phone so i have no proof that they said it is a manufacturers defect. How do i go about this do i go direct to a apple store or cpw do they diagnose it before charging me so i get them to diagnose it then show them the eu law paper?

contact the Apple Store, make an appointment. they are normally best for this sort of this - they'll probs swap it for a refurb if you get lucky

Back