iPhone Iphone 4s 6.1.1 basband 3.4.02 unlockable??

prag

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys Ive not been able to find a definitive answer to this I have an iphone 4S on Ios 6.1.1 with baseband 3.4.02 is this Iphone unlockable using the likes of redsnow etc, any info would be appreciated thanks.

Simple answer is no.

Only if you preserved the baseband.

I've read about a SAM Unlock but only if you have saved your activation tickets from last spring (but I'll be honest it doesn't seem a 100% confirmed unlock or still possible)

Last edited:
thanks for the info could you please clarify a couple of things for me as Im not sure what you mean by preserved the baseband? And activation tickets? . THanks again

thanks for the info could you please clarify a couple of things for me as Im not sure what you mean by preserved the baseband? And activation tickets? . THanks again

Some basebands can be unlocked with the likes of Ultrasnow, however redsnow or snowbreeze for example allows you to retain/preserve the baseband on the phone so when you upgrade to 6.1.2 for example it doesn't also update the baseband, so you can leave it on a baseband that is unlockable.

In regards to activation tickets there was an app called cookie which basically allowed you to save the activation ticket ahead of any future unlocking, you could also do this from redsnow.

The activation is a process through which a new or recently restored iPhone can get by the "Emergency Call Screen" and the iPhone uses it to connect to a cellular network. iOS lockdown folder has the code or "ticket" which is responsible for activation. After full restoration, the iPhone is connected and iTunes generates an Activation Token and sends it to Apple's activation server. After validation of the Activation Token, the server generates a WildcardTicket and sings it with Apple's private key.

The iPhone's baseband is activated by using the WildcartTicket. It's stored in the file "/var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_records/wildcard_record.plist". It has all the information about network unlocks and SIM. The WildcardTicket is received by factory-unlocked iPhones that permits any SIM card. Apple's "Albert" servers handle all iDevice related activations which was patched recently by Apple to discontinue "fake" activations via SAM unlock method via loktar_sun.

Thanks for the heads up out of interest is this site any good then iPhone Unlock and iPhone Jailbreak as I dont mind paying to get it unlocked , the local shop here in town want £60 which is half the value of the phone ffs.

Personally I wouldn't trust any of these sites at all. Never used them and never will so can't honestly comment on reliability.

£60 seems a bit steep

Is it out of contract? Why not just ask the provider, it's free (certainly on Voda)

Its locked to t-mobile and its not out of contract my daughter wants the new galaxy s3 so I wanted to unlock it as it would be easier to sell on.

Its locked to t-mobile and its not out of contract my daughter wants the new galaxy s3 so I wanted to unlock it as it would be easier to sell on.

The S4 is launched this Month (or next can't remember) so why not wait. How long is left on the contract?

Ive done a bit more research this evening bloody hell my eyes are bleeding now from googling apprantly the only way to unlock this phone at the moment is via the network provider no other way on that baseband thanks for the heads up exos much appreciated

Back