iPhone iPhone 4 want to unlock

irratic

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I have an iPhone 4 which is locked to EE network .. I want to use it on O2 .. Can it be unlocked / jailbroke .. Then take an update off iTunes to in jailbreak it ??? Not bothered if it locked to O2 afterwards ...

a couple of things to take into consideration
what fw is your baseband on mate, go to settings/General/about/modem Firmware will tell you there and and whats ios is it on

Where do I find ios mate ?

Version 6.1.3 is the iOS version.

Personally, just got mine unlocked from EE, cost me £20 and I had to be a current customer who'd used the phone for 3+ months but it's an official unlock which adds a bit of value.

there is a jailbreak hacktivate and software unlock for an iphone 4 6.1.3 but the only iphone 4 baseband supported is 01.59.00 so its not compatable with your device at this point mate, just a tethered jB, personally id pay 20.00 as its a pernent unlock and will always restore in itunes

Thanks for all replies ... Manofscience who / how did you get it unlocked ?? I don't mind paying £20

Thanks for all replies ... Manofscience who / how did you get it unlocked ?? I don't mind paying £20

Orange/EE themselves. However, there are some conditions - you need to have been using it for 3months on a current SIM - PAYG or Contract doesn't matter. if you've just bought it locked, what I did was use it PAYG for 3 months with a free cheap SIM from Orange - then got them to unlock it.

GiffGaff has a guide : Unlock reviews and ratings for Orange | giffgaff unlockapedia.

Back