iPhone iPhone 3GS water damaged need help!!

JohnO1234

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I picked up a 3GS last night assured that the lady had dropped it on a hard floor. thinking connectors had gone loose and needed reseating. The water indicators didn't look purple/pink on the headphones or near charging dock.

The phone literally will ONLY start if I plug into the wall or the PC. It will give me an apple logo on the screen and then after about 5-10 seconds turn off and repeat. It will go into DFU mode and itunes recognises a iPhone in recovery, but unfortunately it reboots when attempting restore, to the apple sign again. (At no point do I see a spinning wheel/icon). The screen itself appears perfectly fine though no loss of backlight.

I ended up opening the phone, and sure enough there were two pink dots on the logic board. My first thought would be the battery but after looking around on the net, I am not too sure.

Can anyone offer any advice before I start paying out anymore cash on a fudged phone lol. Is it dead or is it salvageable??

Cheers.
JohnO

Change battery first, only a couple of quid on eBay. Will need to be changed if water damaged anyway and then at lest this can be ruled out of your search results if another fault exists.

Change battery first, only a couple of quid on eBay. Will need to be changed if water damaged anyway and then at lest this can be ruled out of your search results if another fault exists.

Yeah was thinking that and the charging dock really, failing that I will give the board a clean with iso and see if that cures it.
Cheers.
JohnO

Back