iPhone iphone 3gs jail break

I dont think you can mate check youtube... I just done my kids ipad on firmware 5.1 with Greenpois0n Absinthe 2.0.4 and it was a doddle I just used Absinthe 2.0.4 and installed cydia.

Google Absinthe 2.0.4 but Im sure it was only for firmware upto 5.1 but I could be wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greenpois0n Absinthe 2.0.4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greenpois0n.com

DESCRIPTION:

- Absinthe 2.0 is an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 devices

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

- MacOSX 10.5/10.6/10.7
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Linux x86/x86_64 (Kernel >= 2.6.15, libgtk+-2.0 >= 2.22.1)

SUPPORTED FIRMWARE: 5.1.1

SUPPORTED DEVICES:

- iPad3 (WiFi/CDMA/Global)
- iPad2 (WiFi/CDMA/GSM)
- iPad1
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM), iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod 4G
- iPod 3G

NOT SUPPORTED DEVICES:

- iPad2 WiFi R2 (new model)
- AppleTV 2
- AppleTV 3

USAGE: (MacOSX, Windows & Linux)

1. Make a backup of your device iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the 'Devices' menu and click 'Back Up'.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure your are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click 'Jailbreak' and wait... just be patient and do not disconnect your device!
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)
6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!

NOTES:

a) If your device is already jailbroken, there is no reason to re-apply the jailbreak if a newer version of Absinthe is released. For information on updates please refer to 'changelog.txt'.

CONTACT/HELP:

- IRC: join #greenpois0n on irc.chronic-dev.org

CREDITS:

5.1.1 Exploits by: @pod2g, @planetbeing, @pimskeks
Artwork by @iOPK.
GUI by: Hanene Samara & @pimskeks.
Servers proudly supplied by Chronic-Dev, LLC (@chronicdevteam)

THATS HOW EASY IT WAS TOOK ME 10 MINS

you can using redsn0w or ultrasn0w but be aware it is only a tethered jailbreak at the moment
which means you will need your pc and redsn0w to boot your phone if you ever turn it off, battery runs flat.....etc

heres 1 of many guides on the web ,you also have to install cydia manualy: How to tethered jailbreak iOS 6 and install Cydia | iMore.com

Last edited:
After a quick snoop I think you can downgrade to 5.1 with RedSn0w 0.9.14b2. have a look at this thread h--p://www.unlockboot.com/2012/09/downgrade-ios-6-to-ios-511-iphone-4.html

good luck I think the absinth file is in the apple downloads section, if not let is know and I will upload it for you.

Kryton yes I knew there was a problem with 6.0 because when I done my sons, I can remember, I was happy as larry because it was new out the box, but still had 5.1 firmware on it and 6.0 had been out for months so he must have got some old stock.

I would not bother messing with a half tethered jailbreak just yet, It wont be long before a new method will be released for 6.0 as it's been out a while now.

Back