iPhone iphone 3g unlocking

big-ron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi, my mate thought he had lost his iphone 3g when his was pis*ed, so he phoned up o2 and told them - so they sent out a new one, and thinking of buying his old one of him, BUT can i unlock it, want it for my son. as part of xmas.

thanks.

ronnie

well im thinking it will get blocked, happy to put payasgo o2 card in, if that will work?

Potentially, the phone may be blocked by O2 as they may believe it has been stolen.

Otherwise, if you put a pay as you go sim from o2, then activate it using QuickPwn then no problem.

From speaking to o2, they will also provide you with a free sim with the view to you placing it in an iphone (you don't have to buy the iphone) and you can avail of the increased data package and wifi coverage.

hello guys where is the phone section??? i just brought a blackberry storm 9500 just wanted to know how do i unlock it to all networks ? thanx

well im thinking it will get blocked, happy to put payasgo o2 card in, if that will work?

hi all again, wel i got the iphone (16gb 3g (black one), pull the usual software into it, also a new unused O2 sim card, but comming up no service? trying to sortit out for my som for xmas. any help would be greatful

ronnie

I'm pretty sure they block the IMEI once it is reported stolen, which renders the phone completely useless, as a phone, the only way is to change the IMEI, not even sure if it's possible, used to be able to do it on the old skool nokias as far as I'm aware but I'm no expert.

Still you got yourself a 16GB itouch

hi all again, wel i got the iphone (16gb 3g (black one), pull the usual software into it, also a new unused O2 sim card, but comming up no service? trying to sortit out for my som for xmas. any help would be greatful

ronnie

did you jailbreak it m8? if so it will unlock it and all that if no serice go into settings, general, reset ..... then select network settings to reset it should work I had to do this a while back

did you jailbreak it m8? if so it will unlock it and all that if no serice go into settings, general, reset ..... then select network settings to reset it should work I had to do this a while back

done a network reset still no good, but not sure on the jailbreak thing? cant seem to find the one for 2.2

done a network reset still no good, but not sure on the jailbreak thing? cant seem to find the one for 2.2

there is files out there for it mate, latest phone flash...just search on google if ya prefer I could send a link in pm??? if allowed lol...yeah have to update base and things but it's easy I'm running 2.2 now

oh btw.... before you can update via that prog u must have same firmware on it updated by itunes b4 it will work m8

Last edited:
2.2 jailbreak files are attached to a thread here already!

Am sure jailbreaking the phone will not allow the phone services to work as this is a LOST iphone 3g. IMEI number has been blocked.

Am sure jailbreaking the phone will not allow the phone services to work as this is a LOST iphone 3g. IMEI number has been blocked.

thanks all, i have tryed all the software and still no joy, like Exclusive says the IMEI is blocked, never mind tho , i'll use it as a ipod lol.

Back