iPhone iphone 3 stuck on apple logo

theblueirish

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All,

Was trying to update my iphone tonight and seem to have fecked it all together.

It is stuck on the apple logo, will not turn off, computer doesn't see it when cable is connected.

I have looked around the net and seen fixes that involve holding homme buttons and putting into dfu mode, cant do this as absolutly nothing happens when i push any button.

Any one got any ideas of a fix, f not any idea what its value is for parts?

Thanks

Theblueirish

download tiny umbrella and see it u can see it then and exit recovery mode

hi mate to force your iphone to switch off press power button and home button together hold for a few seconds if you then connect your device to pc open itunes up and keep hold of your home button eventually you will get a pop up saying your device is in recovery mode, from there you have a few choices , either download tinyumbrella and once your device is reconized over to the right choose kick out of recovery, or you can restore your device in itunes , let us know how you get on mate

Last edited:
cheers biffo,

no amount of holding the button will turn it off, I even tried letting it die.

hold both buttons mate at the same time ,home and power and the device will go off

Sounds like the problem I had
Home button was fooked or a bit stickie
That way as biffo said holding the home
And power will do nothing.
I took mine to a local shop and he replaced
Power button and it's fine now £20
That was on a 4 s that's why a shop
The 3GS is easy to do your self.

Manual method to put your iPhone into recovery includes the following steps:

Connect your iPhone to iTunes. I tunes cant see the phone
Press and hold the "Home" and "Sleep/Wake" button at the same time. nothing happens when i push the buttons
As soon as your iPhone screen goes black, release the "Sleep/Wake" button and continue pressing the "Home" button until you see a popup on your computer screen saying "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode". again with the buttons

thanks for trying.

Manual method to put your iPhone into recovery includes the following steps:

Connect your iPhone to iTunes. I tunes cant see the phone
Press and hold the "Home" and "Sleep/Wake" button at the same time. nothing happens when i push the buttons
As soon as your iPhone screen goes black, release the "Sleep/Wake" button and continue pressing the "Home" button until you see a popup on your computer screen saying "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode". again with the buttons

thanks for trying.
did you try the recboot program on that link ?

I had the exact same problem on a 3g, i could not switch it off at all.

I eventually got it into recovery mode, but this was no good, i needed to get it into dfu mode. After getting into recovery mode about 5 times, i eventually got into dfu mode and restored the phone and now its fully working.

You may have a button that isnt working, but as people say, keep trying to get it into recovery mode or dfu, but i'd say try and aim for dfu mode.

The 3g didnt stand me at much, about £30, so if i couldnt fix it, i wasnt bothered, but when i finally got it into dfu mode i was over the moon.

I will help you to solve your problem, don't worry just follow as I say.

1. Firstly it is not a big problem just do as I say.

2. Connect your device to the PC and then launch the iTunes software.

3. And then go for the option of 'Restore' in that iTunes.
But if your device doesn't respond to it.

4. Then try to update the iTunes software to latest version.
And using windows OS means you need to uninstall the whole previous version of software and need to download and install the latest version of it.

5. And if you are having the third party apps such as Antivirus and etc are installed then it will object your phone to respond to iTunes. So you need to update your iOS software at any cost, which is the only way to fix iPhone stuck at Apple logo.

All the best

I will help you to solve your problem, don't worry just follow as I say.

1. Firstly it is not a big problem just do as I say.

2. Connect your device to the PC and then launch the iTunes software.

3. And then go for the option of 'Restore' in that iTunes.
But if your device doesn't respond to it.

4. Then try to update the iTunes software to latest version.
And using windows OS means you need to uninstall the whole previous version of software and need to download and install the latest version of it.

5. And if you are having the third party apps such as Antivirus and etc are installed then it will object your phone to respond to iTunes. So you need to update your iOS software at any cost, which is the only way to fix iPhone stuck at Apple logo.

All the best

I'm kinda hoping he's sorted the problem out as it was over a year ago!
Welcome to DW :)

Nope hes still holding the button in the hope it turns on lol

Back