iPhone Iphone 4s ... 7.0.4 update - broken wifi and bluetooth. Trying downgrade - error 3194

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Trying to downgrade my bros iphone 4s, as he did the 7.0.4 update and his wifi and bluetooth has stopped working. He is out of warranty so apple want £150 just to change the handset... T-mobile wont help either, they want the same for early upgrade. I am sure you can appreciate a iphone with no wifi or bluetooth is pretty much useless !

Any ideas peeps, tried in DFU mode as well... I have the file from apple.. downloaded 7.0.3 but just get the error 3194 from itunes when I try.

I have tried the automatic hostfile reset from microsoft and have the latest version of itunes as its just updated.

any help appreciated.

TIA

Re: Iphone 4s ... 7.0.4 update - broken wifi and bluetooth. Trying downgrade - error

you cant downgrade an A5 device , even if the shsh blobs are saved
Sorry to say your stuck with the 7.0.4 update.

Re: Iphone 4s ... 7.0.4 update - broken wifi and bluetooth. Trying downgrade - error

you cant downgrade an A5 device , even if the shsh blobs are saved
Sorry to say your stuck with the 7.0.4 update.

Ahh crap. So Apple update it. Break it an then want to be paid to fix it

Deffo no way round this ?

It could be just a bad update.
You could try hooking it up to a pc, back all data up and do a clean restore to see if that fixes it.

But theres no way back from 7.0.4 im affraid

is there a wifi and bluetooth mac address in general settings/about?

It could be just a bad update.
You could try hooking it up to a pc, back all data up and do a clean restore to see if that fixes it.

But theres no way back from 7.0.4 im affraid

I have tried that I think, connected it and selected update/restore and it downloaded something and still the same. Wifi is greyed out and bluetooth just searches and hangs phone.

Have you tried resetting network settings in general settings / reset

Mate it's a common issue, it's to do with the chip that runs the Bluetooth and wifi gets too hot running iOS 7 but you can fix it by putting the iPhone in a freezer for 15 - 20 mins (in a bag or something to keep it dry)

My mate has to do this on his 4s here and there.

Have you tried resetting network settings in general settings / reset

Yeah tried that bud. Nothing.

I have heard of the freezer trick although it's much like the old xbox360 temp fix. Just that a temp fix.

Surely if this is a 'known' issue apple should replace the handset foc ?

Back