Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

iPad IOS 8 is great

AJT

Staff member
As the title says I updated my iPad air today to the new IOS 8.
Got to say it looks great and feels super smooth..was a large update and took 5 hours from start of download to finish install.
Check your devices and make sure you have 6GB spare storage to enable update..
Loving it...

Got to say it looks great and feels super smooth..was a large update and took 5 hours from start of download to finish install.
Loving it...

Just kicked it off. If you lie I will find you lol

It would be quicker to update through iTunes I have heard.

plug your idevice in to your computer
start or install itunes
i think it will probably ask if you want to update at this point. if not go to you device and select update.

if you upfdate through the device alone it downloads to the device and installs from the dvevice.

i have always done it through itunes as the lappy / pc does most of the work. i am assuming this is why it is meant to be quicker. i heard on the radio today that it is quicker but cannot confirm as i want to keep my jailbreak and have only ever updated through itunes anyway.

Loving it...

Its quicker and requires less space through iTunes.

If downloading via device then it needs to download compressed version of update, space to unpack it and space to store copy of existing files so it can rollback if required.

Its quicker and requires less space through iTunes.

If downloading via device then it needs to download compressed version of update, space to unpack it and space to store copy of existing files so it can rollback if required.

Thanks @oneman, almost thought a roll-back was gonna be needed as it was very slow for a bit but fine now. Only have iTunes on VM so mostly update direct since I usually can't be ar**d to turn the main system on!

Last edited by a moderator:
can i connect me phone and update to ios 8?

in settings it offers an update to 7.1.2
do i need to update to that first?

but each upgrade overwrites the previous O/S with apple devices (or so i believe)

is there a way to upgrade to latest version?

For some reason uploading the compatibilty list failed so you'd have to Google it M8. IMHO upgrading is best done version by version in case later versions don't recognise changes from previous versions later than the last. Hold me hands up here, not sure :)

For some reason uploading the compatibilty list failed so you'd have to Google it M8. IMHO upgrading is best done version by version in case later versions don't recognise changes from previous versions later than the last. Hold me hands up here, not sure :)

doesn't make much sense to me.. lol
i thought upgrading would replaced the previous OS, so a fresh slate sort of thing..

but it wouldn't hurt to update in steps, will do it that way.. cheers.. :)

doesn't make much sense to me.. lol
i thought upgrading would replaced the previous OS, so a fresh slate sort of thing..

but it wouldn't hurt to update in steps, will do it that way.. cheers.. :)

Your right but remember it updates you existing OS..so you keep your personal data and settings..
Not like a clean install.With my iPad Air experience its best to update via iPad settings and not iTunes so update with what's on offer and at the end of the day do what you feel comfortable with.

I'm on 8.0.2 now and have an odd keyboard issue. Not consistent but in some applications the keyboard disappears after the first character is typed. After that it works as normal. Anyone else had this?

Back