Internet firms in purge on pirates

The BPI clarified today that there would be no policing by the ISPs or any "spying" because no personal information was gathered in identifying which internet protocol addresses are illegally filesharing.

doesn't make sense, how else would they find out ? :err:

They are pissing in the dark.

It will deter the neophytes (it already has, know a few people who arent tech savvy who shit themselves when their son/daughter download music).

But, for us clever monkeys, we will always find a way, They would have to ban newsgroups, which aint gonna happen soon.

I know i'm as bad as a benefit cheat but I do not care. Mmmm, free shit.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe that they use a bit of software that retrieves IP addresses from trackers. They then send details of the IP addresses retrieved to the ISP's. So like it says in Hambas post they don't actually have any of your personal details just an IP. Once the ISP recieves the IP they then send the letters out to customers.

Last edited:
Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe that they use a bit of software that retrieves IP addresses from trackers. They then send details of the IP addresses retrieved to the ISP's. So like it says in Hambas post they don't actually have any of your personal details just an IP. Once the ISP recieves the IP they then send the letters out to customers.

but what about when VM match up an IP to an unknown modem ;)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

but what about when VM match up an IP to an unknown modem ;)

Then they know they have a hookie modem on the network and will no doubt disable that particular Mac or perhaps even persue "other" lines of enquiry !

if they disable the mac then he subb customer will complain?

but when has that ever mattered to VM

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

wouldnt a program that swap macs around work .. say in input 5 working macs and the program swaps every hours ..

l know u can do the manauly with sigma 2 . l will be going this by the way . dont want to get anyone cut off

wouldnt a program that swap macs around work .. say in input 5 working macs and the program swaps every hours ..

l know u can do the manauly with sigma 2 . l will be going this by the way . dont want to get anyone cut off

had to edit this as the grammar is terrible and theres no edit function ?

wouldnt a program that swap macs around work .. say u input 5 working macs and the program swaps every hour ..

l know u can do this manually with sigma 2 . l will be doing this by the way . dont want to get anyone cut off

Last edited:
the edit button on last for a wee while now bud not sure how long tho

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

it cant last for long as soon as i get a letter i will be switching to a clone. as im sure a lot of peeps will. still it seems to be aimed at the share'ers at the min so newsgroups might be ok for now.

also dont you remember the campaign they did for knock off dvds about 3 years ago where they claimed it funded terrorists it was in the papers if i remember correctly.

where the **** do they get that pish about it funding terrorism

do you think bin laden sits and downloads hundreds of films every hour tehn sell them at the afgan barras?

he probs doesnt even have an internet connection wherever he is, if he does i hope VM are in charge of capping it !!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

where the **** do they get that pish about it funding terrorism

rawsy is spot on Gav. There was a tv campaign about buying cds/dvds from market stalls etc etc and that it was funding terrorism. I am not saying it did fund terrorism or I bet rawsy isnt saying that either but thats what they advertised.

the company's have there work cut out now .. why do u think the dvd player company's r sellin dvix players ..they know every ones into it and downloading a 700mb file isnt going to get u a letter in the post is it

rawsy is spot on Gav. There was a tv campaign about buying cds/dvds from market stalls etc etc and that it was funding terrorism. I am not saying it did fund terrorism or I bet rawsy isnt saying that either but thats what they advertised.

i didnt mean that as an attack on rawsy

i know all about the advertising campaign he posted about i meant where do the companies papers etc find any proof that this funds terrorism

some of the stuff these media folks come out with is so strange and unreal sometimes

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

isnt oil and opium funding this lol . lve seen afew lads selling these dvd;s at a sunday market .. apart from them being about 15 years old and downloading these in the bedroom we have nothin to worry about

their is a lot more folk download films etc now cause its easily accessible i bet if you went down teh pub you could count on one hand who hasn't downloaded a film and is <40

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

your all 21 are u not :)

well <50 cause my local is just generally more mature people ;)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back