Internal Hard Drive Fault

stav8124

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a 320gb hard drive in the TM-Twin and i have only used about 50gb of the hard drive. I switched on the receiver today and went to record a program and a error has appeared on the screen HDD size is not enough (Hard Drive Full). How can that be if i have only used 50gb of 320gb. I click on the list button to check my hard drive to delete something and there is nothing showing up zero programs. Do i have to format my hard drive now which i will lose my recordings. I can't believe this receiver even struggles to record to a hard drive what next.

Has anyone had this experience?

FTP and have a look on hdd mate see if anything shows that way

Tried that way too and nothing shows up too. I've tried formatting and it won't format. Tried filechecker and an error appears.

I can't remember the exact menu, but try settings/mount manager/ ( not 100% sure this is correct sequence, but there abouts) Check that it is still mounted and also as HDD. It should automatically mount it, but best to check.

If the HDD is not mounted, then it will try to record to somewhere that does not "exist".

it says mount - unavailable. I pushed the button to mount and it says mount failed.

If you can't see it in a PC either, it's fubard..

I don't defend the Twin often lol, but I've not seen it take out a HDD yet..

Given the size of the hdd I am assuming its not new, you can try plug it in your pc and see if it detects through bios it might not appear in windows unless formatted etc.

I had the same problem when I was playing with it. I cannot remember which version of image was. but I been running 24/4/12 image for sometime now with a 2T byte. Its getting slower with lots of recording which I don't watch. I be going back to 500g. answer to your problem re-format. The box I am using is the pre Launch (Feb 12).

Back