insurance bump

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
on Sunday, i was on my way to pick up my kids when a woman bumped into the side of my car, main thing is, i was ok, she was ok, and cars can be repaired.

she appologised and said she never saw me, but was ok with accepting the blame.

we exchanged details, and phoned insurance companies.

i get a phone call off my insurance this morning, saying that they have spoken to the other party, and that they are accepting the fault as hers, so technically it's a quick case, cars repaired, her company pays, and everyone is happy.

BUT, she failed to disclose points/convictions and therefore her company are refusing to pay out.

so now i am left with my BMW coupe with a dented arch, battered alloy, and scratched bumper at my cost, unless i claim through my insurance and pay the excess.

GRRRRRR.

no m8, your insurance claims off hers, regardless, then her insurance company sues her to get the money back, or you claim of your insurance, then your insurance company sues to get the money back, or you sue her directly through the county court

Surely her insurance company are responsible for verifying her details?

They accepted them - why should you be penalized?

There must be a way to fight this!

mate i just did my insurance yesterday. bloody £1800 pounds i had to my!!

yip dont worry about it, go through her insurance, they cant refuse her ins when the policy was taken out

insurance companie act on everything in faith, the good news is shes insured though :)

Previous answers are correct, if she has been issued with a Certificate of Insurance then she's insured for Third Party cover.
It's up to her insurance company to sue her. Don't take any crap on this.

thanks for al the above answers, i don't so gutted now.

i've got to go to some garages and get a couple of quotes.

but i want BMW approved garages and i want a proper job doing and i need a new BMW M3 alloy

i rang insurance today with 2 quotes, £400 and £500, these are by approved garages.

BUT, when i speak to insurance, the woman said that the other party is now NOT admitting liability, and the matter over undisclosed points/convictions has been sorted.

so now i am waiting to see what is gonna happen next, but i have been told that it could be a 50/50 payment.

why the f#ck do we bother paying insurance?

i can see her car going missing this weekend.

just make sure her insurance pays up she ready said she hit your car so can not go back on that now.

i get a phone call off my insurance this morning, saying that they have spoken to the other party, and that they are accepting the fault as hers, so technically it's a quick case, cars repaired, her company pays, and everyone is happy

dont worry mate, thats the normal response from insurance companies, they never accept liability straight away. My next door neighbour knocked HIS 6foot brick wall over my 4 day old car a couple of years back, it took me 6 months to get my excess back as his insurance wasnt admitting liability. Just threaten to release the hounds (lawyers) and this seems to get things moving more quickly. In my case the pratt next door admitted he had hit the wall with his car and it was his wall, so it should have been an open and shut case, but insurance companies being what they are........
abm

Back