CCJ for insurance charge

its only in the private car parks, so is legally.

Yeah looking like I have to pay it.

How would you feel if you came home and found a gipsy van parked on your drive?

I'm all for fighting genuine unfair parking tickets, but you admitting your just deliberately parking illegally on private land. I think your been unreasonable.

You can't get a CCJ from a northampton bulk centre court.. ...... if you pay within 30 days of the judgement that is...

Can I ask a question, what has a parking ticket got to do with your insurance company in the first place.
As far as I can read into this, you got a parking ticket from a private comoany, they then got hold of your insurance company and requested your details ??.
Am I right in saying that this is a breach of the data protection act were no company can forward on your details unless it's requested by law and not by some fly be night parking company.
I would be straight onto the terms and conditions of my insurer and read the small print and threaten them for disclosing your details to a third party then having the cheek to charge you.

Can I ask a question, what has a parking ticket got to do with your insurance company in the first place.
As far as I can read into this, you got a parking ticket from a private comoany, they then got hold of your insurance company and requested your details ??.
Am I right in saying that this is a breach of the data protection act were no company can forward on your details unless it's requested by law and not by some fly be night parking company.
I would be straight onto the terms and conditions of my insurer and read the small print and threaten them for disclosing your details to a third party then having the cheek to charge you.

As far as I can make out from the original post, it wasn't his car, it was the insurance company's.

Ah right I'll have to read it again , I read it over me morning brew :)
Yeah still, should his insurance be handing out details to anyone bar him ?. Thier not the law they could be anyone. I'd still question their actions considering they have no legal power. I might be wrong but I'd still question it

AFAIK Its a hire car through his insurance, he would have had to sign a form when he was given teh hire car from teh hire company not his insurance stating that his details would be given to anyone re a parking fine or speeding fine or any other traffic offence. Its common practice and if he didnt sign it they wouldnt hire him the car.

AFAIK Its a hire car through his insurance, he would have had to sign a form when he was given teh hire car from teh hire company not his insurance stating that his details would be given to anyone re a parking fine or speeding fine or any other traffic offence. Its common practice and if he didnt sign it they wouldnt hire him the car.

this is correct but its usually the hire company that will pass on details as the car will be registered to then not the insurance.
It was the insurance company that passed on details not the hire company so he would have signed to state the hire company can pass details
not insurance company so may still be a data protection issue.

I am taking it you had car as insurance company got you this from a hire company and not direct from them

Unless the Insurance company has its own fleet of vehicles that they loan out

this is correct but its usually the hire company that will pass on details as the car will be registered to then not the insurance.
It was the insurance company that passed on details not the hire company so he would have signed to state the hire company can pass details
not insurance company so may still be a data protection issue.
That's what I meant :) in a round-about kinda way

Never actually paid a parking fine in my life, even council ones.

This seems suspect to me, not sure on the laws in scotland, but the rest of the UK, council parking tickets are enforcebale by court orders, and if you dont pay them, then they do take you to court, and will give you both a CCJ and enforce bailiffs. You have to pay the council ones, as they're legal and enforceable.

As for the private parking firms, you have to be careful. Whilst it's unlikely they will take you to court over £60, if you continue to get them from the same company, then they will take you to court, as they will enforce them all at once. There was a case with nurses in England who racked up thousands, I believe it went to the ECJ in the end, and they lost their appeals, resulting in 20k+ in fines for them.

I had one some years ago were I pulled up on a private car park at the gym, I never went in the gym I'd forgot my gear so I drove off. I'd not been parked up for more than 1 minute. Their argument was, I never went in the gym (logged in) as you have car passes so therefor it was illegal to park there but bare in mind I was a member of this gym.
Letter after letter came then slowly the so called fine went up and up and maxed out at £100 and cost. In the end I wrote them a letter explaining I was a member of the gym in question and the photo showed my car with it's lights "on" parked up so near enough proving I was still in it. They ignored this and sent me more and more threats so I wrote to them again and said, see you in court and you will pay for my travel and day off and anymore I incur when you lose.

Since then I've hot heard from them in 2 years

And another, bayliffs all that, my lad was 14 and at the time he was in TK Maxx with his goon school m8's when his m8 stuck a leather wallet off the shelf in is rucksack pocket and he was stopped and charged with shop lifting.
They explained it was a prank and were luckily cautioned. 6 months later he gets a letter saying he owes so much or else.

I got another letter about a year ago from the same company , he's 22 on about wont let it lie but I wonder how many people sh!t and just pay it.It's wrong on so many levels how companies can pretend to be the law official pink coloured letters and crest stamps all that

I've recently had a letter off NCP solutions, about a time I parked in Starbucks, they're saying I was a non-patron. I've asked them to prove im a non-patron, as I doubt they can, as they only have a pic of my car. I was told they couldn't do that because of DP laws and GPDR. They then directed me to their appeals process, which I pointed out if I went this route then I was accepting liability, and agreeing to their contracted terms. I advised I wasn't doing any such thing, and until they provided evidence that neither I nor any party within my car weren't patrons, then I would consider the matter closed.

Im basically calling their bluff, as I had 2 kids with me, and we went to McDs literally next to it. I doubt they have video evidence of me not entering starbucks, and if they do, then provide it and I will pay the fine. However I doubt starbucks will share that information with them, or if they do then they'd likely charge them for the privilige. Im looking forward to a day in court if they want one, I enjoy a good discussion, and tbh I know they wont enforce it even for £100. It'll cost them £50 to take me to court, and more in solicitors fees to prosecute. So no point in them doing it over 1 single fine.

Read the small print of the companies sites, it tries to confuse people with jargon, and other stuff, but basically the letter you receive is a request to acknowledge acceptance of the fine. Even appealing acknowledges acceptance of the fine, and their T&Cs. Dont appeal, you wont win, as they are the people dealing with the appeal :S It's a screwed system, but you can fight it. Just remember 2 things, dont park in that car park again, as if you get mulitple fines from same company, then it does become worth their while to take action, and be careful they dont clamp you and use scare tactics.

NHS nurse ordered to pay £150,000 in fines to private firm for parking at hospital where she works

Having been a big fan of "Can't pay we'll take it away" it is not worth getting a CCJ against you. You're talking at least a few hundred pounds added to the bill, not to mention legal fees and any charges that incur from them coming out to you. Also unless you can prove that an item at your registered address is categorically not yours (with receipts etc) they have the right to remove against the debt.
If in doubt phone a solicitor/lawyer to find out if it is something that needs paying. If it's the insurance company who are chasing the £60 they have a bit more clout than the private parking firm as there'll be a clause in your insurance contract stating you'll pay any charges, at which point it is legally binding.

Having been a big fan of "Can't pay we'll take it away" it is not worth getting a CCJ against you. You're talking at least a few hundred pounds added to the bill, not to mention legal fees and any charges that incur from them coming out to you. Also unless you can prove that an item at your registered address is categorically not yours (with recepits etc) they have the right to remove against the debt.
If in doubt phone a solicitor/lawyer to find out if it is something that needs paying. If it's the insurance company who are chasing the £60 they have a bit more clout than the private parking firm as there'll be a clause in your insurance contract stating you'll pay any charges, at which point it is legally binding.

I've wondered for some time what actually constitutes as proof of purchase? I bet this is something that differs from bailiff to bailiff.

Once-upon-a-time you got the credit card receipt stapled to your invoice or packing note when you bought something online but now you're more likely to only have something to print out from a section of your purchase history in the cart section of a website.

I used to watch that too but, the same as the police programs, I reckon the production company is contractually obliged to show the debt recovery company favourably.

This video should disturb anyone enough to not trust bailiffs:

Anyone watching Crimebodge?

Lol at "Can't pay we'll take it away"! These so-called 'reality TV' programmes are nothing of the sort, just state-sponsored propaganda to keep the pawns (us) in line. You just need to watch the camera placements to know it's 'produced' (faked) and not genuine surprise visits etc.
Telievision. Shaping idiots for generations.
Crimebodge is far closer to the mark.

Back