Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Installed Route66 but NO GPS (Nokia 95)

Colin

Inactive User
Cant seem to aquire any satellites?

any settings i need to tweak or maybe different firmwares etc..

i had this problem on teh original firmware my phone came with

i had to go to the nokia maps program first and get a gps lock on then quit and load route66 and it would get a fix in seconds.

ive up dated the firmware twice since then and that problem has gone away

i was told this by someone at nokia last week and this is what they told me!!
if you want to use Assisted GPS correctly you must set the server correctly and it wont be set at all!!!!!

check A-GPS is enabled you need to go via the phones main menu MENU>TOOLS>SETTINGS>GENERAL>POSITIONING..

Then check the following:

Positioning Methods: Assisted GPS is ticked

Positioning Server: Access Point is set to your GPRS access point and the server address is "supl.nokia.com"
and now this baby locks within seconds!!!!!!!!

the_dvd_guru is the assisted gps the one that cost you money or is it the normal one that is free. I have been wanting to get this to work and have installed the maps for scotland, wales, engalnd onto my memory card but whenever i press locate gps it stays red ticked and the connect signn appers but nothing happens.

I am just using the stuff that was supplied on the phone but have dl the maps.

thanks in advance

still cant seem to get a fix and have updated to the newest nokia firmware :-( why did i get an N95 ahead of my old xda orbit! lol

Hi Colin, have you set the phone/route66 to use the internal gps?
Opening the phone it helps, try outside for about 20 min, for the first fix can take sometime.

UPDATE:

Before loading Route66 go to the phone menu and enable gps, go outside and wait until you get a fix.
Load the nav software wait for a fix, 2/3 min

Route66 it shows no gps even if you have a fix (as far as I know), the only way to find out is to plan a route

Last edited:
when you say enable GPS you mean just open GPS data (it then says searching for satalites etc..) occasionally i have had my GPS co-ordinates flash up but then it goes back to "waiting for GPS"

Have u made sure that route 66 is set to use internal gps? theres a setting in there somwhere to use serial (external) or internal. As others have said... use it outside, it'l take alot longer if you are driving aroud and trying to get a signal than if you just leave it with the keypad open and set to search.

no matter what i do i cant get a lock i can seem to pick up a few sats but it still sits as waiting for GPS

i'm having the same with my n73,its says looking for gps lock and nothing happens...how do i sort this out?

got it working on n95 but could not use internal gps waited an hour with no luck, tried several versions of route 60sh1te all supposed 2 work but did not try the 1 you have 2 get signed......
back with tt6 now

Back