Install Pics - Show us yours !!!

Thanks for the pics. They will definitely help guide me in my own endeavors. :Clap:

seeing as this threads popped up again, i thought i'd post one of my latest installs.

Here is my install....

002.jpg

Last edited:
Did some Installs of Argons today and thought I would try the chip facing the other way
you can fold over the ribbon cable over so not to cover the vent hole

In the pics the cables are all attached to the larger chip whereas most of the other pics show the cables attached to the smaller? Is this an alternative install as I know about the miss a leg install but have never seen this type before.

In the pics the cables are all attached to the larger chip whereas most of the other pics show the cables attached to the smaller? Is this an alternative install as I know about the miss a leg install but have never seen this type before.

Yes m8 just a alternative install I wanted to try

@ ramtech, i see you never did the extra 4 wires to make it region free.

i dont think many people do the region free points mate, if the wii is someone else's, its less chance of them bricking the wii by putting in a import game and updating from it.

so no region free = no hassle in the long run.

just PAL games only :):)

i dont think many people do the region free points mate, if the wii is someone else's, its less chance of them bricking the wii by putting in a import game and updating from it.

so no region free = no hassle in the long run.

just PAL games only :):)

Yea no region free just have pal backups.....:proud:

but works atreat....

i always add the extra 4 wires, no matter who's console it is, and i tell em i have added them too.

gives them the choice then if they want to play a ntsc back-up.

same here to much trouble if you have posted it back and they want them adding, add the wires then just warn them about using ntsc games

After playing around with soldering wires to the legs of the chip on an old network card, actually plucked up the courage to install an Argon. Had to pick myself back off the floor after opening the Wii and seeing how smaller the legs were on the D2C then the old network card I'd been practising on.

First and probably only Wii mod for me so maybe not as neat as you regular modders but hey it worked first time and is still working after a few hours. :Clap: Put electrical tape over the wires on the D2C and over the Argon and fed the Injectus cable out through the side of the memory card slots, also taped over the end of this cable as I'd read that it can short with the pins in the slot.

CIMG2773-1.jpg

CIMG2774-1.jpg

Last edited:

This looks harder that the PS2, please tell me that D2C chipping isn't still as complicated as this!

(got one to do tomorrow, looking for an easy way out, lol)

Last edited:
After playing around with soldering wires to the legs of the chip on an old network card, actually plucked up the courage to install an Argon. Had to pick myself back off the floor after opening the Wii and seeing how smaller the legs were on the D2C then the old network card I'd been practising on.

First and probably only Wii mod for me so maybe not as neat as you regular modders but hey it worked first time and is still working after a few hours. :Clap: Put electrical tape over the wires on the D2C and over the Argon and fed the Injectus cable out through the side of the memory card slots, also taped over the end of this cable as I'd read that it can short with the pins in the slot.

CIMG2773-1.jpg

CIMG2774-1.jpg

Mate, my eyes being what they are these days , I wouldn't dream of doing what you just did!

That's a superb job if u ask me, well done.

I really should go to an optician and get some glasses, lol

(but I'm too gorgeous without them ;) )

Prob been a while since you been to opticians mate but you get these things called contact lenses now help you see and keep us beautiful people beautiful without puttin darn trhings on our faces

whats the flat cable used for think its usb at other end ?

Back